PDA

View Full Version : New from Mississippi

Pages : [1] 2

Sippi
05-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Hey guys, thought I'd finally introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while, and have learned so much already. I am very appreciative of the knowledge that everyone on here is willing to share! I am new to detailing and just a weekend warrior. really just trying to make a little money on the sides and pass the time on the weekends that i don't have my kids. I've recently bought a PC7424xp. Up until now, i've just taken really good care of my cars but never have done paint correction or polishing. I've done a few of my friends and families cars and practiced on my own. My grandfather and I also have a car collection that we have rebuilt or bought together and enter them in some car shows every now and then. We have a completely rebuilt to stock 69 camaro ss in hugger orange that is my baby, we spent close to 10 years getting it all the way back to stock (with the only upgrades being power steering). We also have an 81 or 82 (can't remember) Mercedes 2 seater convertible, i don't remember the model since we recently purchased this one. It has 2,000 original miles on it. And we have a 93 Corvette that's silver with about 5,000 miles on it. I've basically been practicing on other cars so i can get the courage to work on these because they desperately need it!

Here is a shot of my truck. I still have some learning to do, but on this particular weekend, i started out with two bucket wash with megs ultimate wash, clay bar, and started with polish. I should have compounded first and maybe done a m105/m205 on it, i'm probably going to do that next. It needs it. I put megs #7 show car glaze on, then megs #26 hi tech yellow wax. I have liquid glass that i've used before but didn't know whether to put it on before the wax or after.

I will probably get a different wax when I do our other cars because i'm not hearing great reviews on this one, although i do like it. I guess there are just better things out there. I can't go out and spend a ton of money though so any suggestions on products for them that won't cost me an arm and a leg would be wonderful.

Thanks guys, hope to learn more and more all the time so any suggestions are more than welcome, like i said I'm new to this.

Sippi
05-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Here are some of my camaro that i will be correcting soon. As you can tell it needs it bad.

Sippi
05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Almost forgot about the jeep. CJ 5, with the chrysler v8 in it. it was completely restored to this, it was rusted, brown, and had some tiny wheels on it. Spent more than I made when i sold this thing, i hated to see it go, but it was time for something new.

BobbyG
05-11-2014, 05:59 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!! :props:

Thank you for the great introduction and sharing your awesome rides!! :cheers:

Bunky
05-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Welcome !!

Danube
05-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Welcome to AG!

jamesboyy
05-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome to autogeek

Sippi
05-11-2014, 09:33 PM
I appreciate it guys, I'm really excited to learn and get some cars done. Hopefully make enough money to break even from supplies (since I'll just be doing it every other weekend). Not really worried about that, I just enjoy doing it.

Daviddear30
05-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Hey!
I'm from MS as well.
Brandon actually. What part if MS are you from?
Just a weekend guy myself. I enjoy detailing and the turn around from before/after. I don't do much corrections yet either but I am working on it.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Welcome to AGO!

cshamilton
05-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Wow I just moved to the cool brandon. The 39047 brandon. Local joke.

Anyway. Had no idea there were any "geeks" In the area.

Hit me up sometime.

And welcome "sippi"

Flash Gordon
05-12-2014, 07:09 AM
:welcome:

If you're not to far down the road and need help let me know. I'm in love with your Camaro :props:

Your Benz in is 380SL more then likely. Another fine ride!

Sippi
05-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Wow, 2 guys from my area! I'm from the Rez (39047) as well! Funny how small the world really is haha. We should definitely get together and detail some cars, I always find it best to learn while doing it works the best! Thanks for the welcome guys I really do appreciate it. Starting to get frustrated with all this rain right now, do not like my truck being dirty haha

Sippi
05-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Flash, yeah about 3 hours but I'm up in Memphis a good bit, have a lot of friends up there. Told a buddy of mine I'd come up there sometime soon and do a full correction on his Tahoe which will be good practice.

Thanks for the comments on the camaro by the way. I've never taken really good pics of it or the other cars, but I will sometime soon. Especially after they are all shined up!

Flash Gordon
05-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Flash, yeah about 3 hours but I'm up in Memphis a good bit, have a lot of friends up there. Told a buddy of mine I'd come up there sometime soon and do a full correction on his Tahoe which will be good practice.

Thanks for the comments on the camaro by the way. I've never taken really good pics of it or the other cars, but I will sometime soon. Especially after they are all shined up!

Well, I'm not helping with the Tahoe. I have enough of those monsters to deal with on my own

If you need any products while your in Memphis let me know. I have a junior Autogeek going on around here