PDA

View Full Version : Reload Looks Greasy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dan45hk
05-10-2014, 10:59 PM
So I applied CQuartz about a month ago, then several weeks after I applied Reload. I used it sparingly and wiped off the residue. Well tried to wipe off the residue, all it does is smear. So I waited a few weeks, washed the car and it was fine. Tried to apply Reload again and even places where the paint looks ok if you wipe a microfiber over it more smears will occur. On the first application it still smeared after over a week in the sun. What's going on here? The car is black so the effect is probably much easier to see on darker colors.

FUNX650
05-10-2014, 11:33 PM
It's recommended to use Eraser or IPA to remove the Reload on the affected areas; then reapply. You could try that, if you want.

-Different people seem to have as many different reasons of using this Sealant on top of various brands of Coatings...including those of CQuartz.

-So...If I may ask:
What persuaded you to use Reload on top of this vehicle's particular CQuartz Coating---after just one month from its application date---or ever, for that matter?

Bob

dan45hk
05-10-2014, 11:39 PM
It's recommended to use Eraser or IPA to remove the Reload on the affected areas; then reapply. You could try that, if you want.

-Different people seem to have as many different reasons of using this Sealant on top of various brands of Coatings...including those of CQuartz.

-So...If I may ask:
What persuaded you to use Reload on top of this vehicle's particular CQuartz Coating---after just one month from its application date---or ever, for that matter?

Bob

After waiting a few weeks and washing the car the problem areas were gone, they came back after the next application. The reason I used reload is the paint didn't feel slick or have the wet look I was looking for with just CQuartz.

GenesisCoupe
05-10-2014, 11:43 PM
With cquartz you were supposed to have slick paint. Did you do an IPA wiped own or Eraser before applying the CQ? When you apply CQ you have to buff off any leftover spots a few minutes after. The Reload is supposed to be applied within an hour after application of CQ. I did CQUK 2014 today and the paint was like butter.

dan45hk
05-10-2014, 11:45 PM
With cquartz you were supposed to have slick paint. Did you do an IPA wiped own or Eraser before applying the CQ? When you apply CQ you have to buff off any leftover spots a few minutes after. The Reload is supposed to be applied within an hour after application of CQ. I did CQUK 2014 today and the paint was like butter.

Yes did a very thorough IPA wipedown... not sure why but I've read others on here also had the same problem, the paint didn't feel slick at all. I followed the directions with how soon to wipe it off, used the suede microfibers also.

FUNX650
05-10-2014, 11:50 PM
After waiting a few weeks and washing the car the problem areas were gone, they came back after the next application. The reason I used reload is the paint didn't feel slick or have the wet look I was looking for with just CQuartz.
Sorry that it wound up greasy instead.
Hope you find that:
Eraser/IPA offers a peace-ful solution.

Bob "Bowzer" Bauman

brondondolon
05-11-2014, 12:04 AM
I had the same problem. Luckily I only did s small spot so it wasn't to bad. Email Cory at CarPro he will help you out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

allenk4
05-11-2014, 12:14 AM

I don't see anything on the AGO (http://www.autogeek.net/reload-spray-sealant.html) or CarPro (http://www.cquartz.com/products/113-reload) website that indicates this.

You might be thinking of CGTechniq C1 followed by EXO2 (http://gtechniqna.com/exterior-coatings/exov2/)

• When applying over C1, this should be done between 3 and 12 hours after completing the C1 application, depending on the environment temperature and conditions

poweraid
05-11-2014, 12:14 AM
what color vehicle u got ? reload can be diluted with di water to aid in that excess/streaky/greasy look . 1 part reload to .5/.7 part water.need very little reload applied to panel 1 spray per 3sq feet. use short weave mf to buff. . these are tips from Corey .
I just cquk'd a week ago and had no trouble with reload .

GenesisCoupe
05-11-2014, 12:43 AM
I mean i know that CQUK is supposed to be slick, but i also know that Opti-Coat is not slick, but Reload makes it slick.

The CQUK i've been using is a 2014 version; do you know what version yours was?

allenk4
05-11-2014, 01:26 AM
I mean i know that CQUK is supposed to be slick, but i also know that Opti-Coat is not slick, but Reload makes it slick.

The CQUK i've been using is a 2014 version; do you know what version yours was?

Looks like the "Original Version" was introduced Summer of 2012 and "Rev2" followed Winter of 2014.

I believe there is a "New" version of Reload. Not positive.

GreatAvalon
05-11-2014, 01:47 AM
OP - you said you have dark paint right? On my 2014 Reload, it says to dilute 1:1 for dark paint.

I don't see anything on the AGO (http://www.autogeek.net/reload-spray-sealant.html) or CarPro (http://www.cquartz.com/products/113-reload) website that indicates this.
The back of the 2014 UK bottle says it.

silverfox
05-11-2014, 01:48 AM
One criteria that I have for any product in my detailing bag of tricks is that the product must provide consistent results every time in all conditions on any color. Where I live the weather conditions can swing wildly from day to day. Now I'll admit there aren't a lot of products that meet that requirement for me but it makes life a lot easier.

I've never been able to get reload to provide me the consistent results I want even on identically prepared cars I own. It's a great product but I've since gone to using HydrO2 which for me is not only easier and faster to apply, but it produces consistent results whether over coatings or non coatings.

FUNX650
05-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Strange how, (over such a relatively short period of time), some "Coating-Chemists" have, or have not, reacted in order to stave off what I'll refer to as: The maddening rush...of people desiring to top their Coatings...

Who among them, but Dr. Bailey, of Duragloss fame, is still sticking to their guns to not top their Coatings?

Is it a foregone conclusion that:
There's just too Mucho Money to be made,
in them thar "toppings"?

Are some technological advances in car-care products doomed to forever be: Covered up, so to say?

If so: Forward HO!!
Just don't count me in...as part of that wagon train.

Bob

brondondolon
05-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Strange how, (over such a relatively short period of time), some "Coating-Chemists" have, or have not, reacted in order to stave off what I'll refer to as: The maddening rush...of people desiring to top their Coatings...

Who among them, but Dr. Bailey, of Duragloss fame, is still sticking to their guns to not top their Coatings?

Is it a foregone conclusion that:
There's just too Mucho Money to be made,
in them thar "toppings"?

Are some technological advances in car-care products doomed to forever be: Covered up, so to say?

If so: Forward HO!!
Just don't count me in...as part of that wagon train.

Bob

Well I agree with you when it comes to topping a coating with wax. Personally I think that defeats the purpose. However, when it comes to topping a coating with reload after a few weeks of the coating application I think that's a good idea. Reason being is because the reload has silica in it which is essentially what the coating is made of. Now unless I'm victim of a marketing scheme I think reload is a good product to "reload" an aging coating.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online