PDA

View Full Version : Zep products

hudson2302
05-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I was browsing the cleaning isle in home depot today ( dont ask why ) and I stumbled on some zep cleaners that were very fairly priced. Do any of you have experience with zep all purpose cleaners and degreasers. Are any of the zep products safe to use on plastic trim and wheels when properly diluted?

KillaCam
05-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Zep fast 505 is my favorite tire cleaner. Nothing I've ever tried has come close to matching it's cleaning abilities. I now buy it by the gallon.

Firehouse Mike
05-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I use the Industrial Purple at 4:1 for wheels and engines, the Citrus Degreaser, and the All Purpose cleaner on other general items. The Citrus degreaser looks, smells and performs exactly like Meg's APC+ . I use their High Traffic extractor shampoo along with Folex (also in most stores) for a great combo. The fabric odor remover works nicely too. I really like everything I've used from ZEP, along with the idea I can run down the street to pick up what I need in a pinch is great.

FUNX650
05-10-2014, 10:15 PM
I've only used ZEP's:
ZEPRESERVE (#0095) aerosol penetrant.

Bob

hudson2302
05-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I use the Industrial Purple at 4:1 for wheels and engines, the Citrus Degreaser, and the All Purpose cleaner on other general items. The Citrus degreaser looks, smells and performs exactly like Meg's APC+ . I use their High Traffic extractor shampoo along with Folex (also in most stores) for a great combo. The fabric odor remover works nicely too. I really like everything I've used from ZEP, along with the idea I can run down the street to pick up what I need in a pinch is great.

Ive read the ingredients on the purple zep and it says it contains caustic soda which if im not mistaken can damage paint. Did you use it on painted wheels?

Lexi65
05-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I've only used ZEP's:
ZEPRESERVE (#0095) aerosol penetrant.

Bob

Please extrapolate. :buffing:

hudson2302
05-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks for rhe replies guys. I think 505 is what im going to experiment with on plastic trim and maybe diluted use it as a bug and tar remover

custmsprty
05-10-2014, 10:36 PM
I prefer Meguiars line of apc's and degreasers by the gallon they are a real bargain.

allenk4
05-11-2014, 12:32 AM

You are going to have a very difficult time persuading FUNX725 to extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

I have not seen him do it yet.

Assumptions are not his thing.

FUNX650
05-11-2014, 02:41 AM

You are going to have a very difficult time persuading FUNX725 to extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

I have not seen him do it yet.

Assumptions are not his thing.
I do appreciate your kind words, allenK4...Thanks!

@Lexi65
I will further explain that I have used ZEPRESERVE as it has been formulated/intended to be used. Some of which includes, but is not limited to:
• Lubricate
• As a penetrating agent
• As a moisture displacer
• As a corrosion inhibitor.
• To loosen nuts, bolts, fittings.
• To remove rust (preserve metals)
• For: "Protection", Ease of Operation, Assembly/Disassembly of:
hood/trunk locking mechanisms, motor shafts, spark plugs, ignition wiring, breaker points, inside distributor caps, etc.

Hope this provides some clarification to the:
ZEP #95 conundrum, of which I claim sole responsibility.

Bob

808_detail_nut
05-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Zep fast 505 is my favorite tire cleaner. Nothing I've ever tried has come close to matching it's cleaning abilities. I now buy it by the gallon.
1:1 or 1:4?????

KillaCam
05-12-2014, 07:14 AM
1:1 or 1:4?????

Undiluted.

richy
05-13-2014, 12:15 AM
I got turned onto Zep products a few years ago and have never looked back! They work, are inexpensive and local with no shipping charges. What more do you want?!?

I recommend the following:
505: Use it straight or cut a bit (20%) for cleaning tires
Citrus: Cut it 4:1 for wheels, bug removal, etc.
Pro Glass(green liquid): Cuts 32:1!! And it rocks!!
Pro Carpet cleaner for use with extractor: great for stain removal
High Traffic stain remover: Very aggressive stain remover that will need lots of extracting.
Zep Purple Degreaser: Engines or very bad grease removal. Do not breathe this stuff. It is very, very strong!

Larry S
05-13-2014, 06:18 AM
I've been using the Grill Cleaner for quite a few years now. Excellent.