PDA

View Full Version : Polishing in direct sunlight (hot paint)

PremierAuto_NJ
05-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I am a mobile detailer recently relocated to North Jersey. I detailed in Naples Florida for a few years and almost never dealt with clients without a garage, so I was always able to work in the shade. Here in NJ I have been dealing with more and more clients without shaded areas to work. I have polished my own car and a few others in direct sun before, but with hesitation. The results were decent in my eyes, but to anyone who has more experience than I, what would you suggest for unavoidable situations with direct sun? Just step down to a polish and pad that cuts less? I use a Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher. Most of my calls thus far have been correcting swirls left from other detailers, and I would hate to cause some myself due to my lack of experience working on a hot car. Thanks!

custmsprty
05-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Poor Boys products, I use them all the time in direct sunlight down here in Florida.

jamesboyy
05-10-2014, 01:20 PM
As you know polishing in direct sun won't give you best results therefore I would suggest buying a portable tent/canopy so it can provide you with shade where ever you are

PremierAuto_NJ
05-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Poor Boys products, I use them all the time in direct sunlight down here in Florida.
Ill have to look into it, I use all Maguire's at the moment. Ultimate compounding and then the less abrasive polishes

PremierAuto_NJ
05-10-2014, 01:23 PM
As you know polishing in direct sun won't give you best results therefore I would suggest buying a portable tent/canopy so it can provide you with shade where ever you are
Yeah I have looked at them and I just didn't want to invest in one but may have to... My truck is already pretty packed as is lol

hernandez.art13
05-10-2014, 01:25 PM
I want to get a tent/canopy too. Mainly because it was suggested to me that I do demos here at my local car shows. It does sound like a perfect idea especially because these cars are classics.

PremierAuto_NJ
05-10-2014, 01:29 PM
I want to get a tent/canopy too. Mainly because it was suggested to me that I do demos here at my local car shows. It does sound like a perfect idea especially because these cars are classics.
I want to get one with "Auto Detailing" printed on the sides, but I can't find a quote for less than like $500... I just don't want to spend that kind of money

craz0boy
05-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Get a ez tent and get banners made to hang from it