PDA

View Full Version : WG final glaze

Prophizee
05-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Quick question gentlemen so working on my car for a week. It at heavy swirls so I used flex DA with meg 105 yellow pad meg 205 white pad now my question should I use the Wolfgang final glaze with a finishing pad before I wash the car or after and seal it. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

spiralout462
05-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Depends on your test spot. Is there a noticeable increase in gloss or clarity after the WFG? Is it worth the time if there is? If you are going to perform a final finishing step you will want to polish a clean surface. We have no idea how "dirty" your car is. In the majority of cases M205 and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze are interchangeable BUT that is not a rule. For me WFG finishes much better than M205 on my really soft black paint. On every other car I've polished I could use one or the other. So it all boils down to the results of the test spot and your expectations for the paint system.

Prophizee
05-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Depends on your test spot. Is there a noticeable increase in gloss or clarity after the WFG? Is it worth the time if there is? If you are going to perform a final finishing step you will want to polish a clean surface. We have no idea how "dirty" your car is. In the majority of cases M205 and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze are interchangeable BUT that is not a rule. For me WFG finishes much better than M205 on my really soft black paint. On every other car I've polished I could use one or the other. So it all boils down to the results of the test spot and your expectations for the paint system.
The car just has dusting from the 105 and 205 and I agree that 205 and WE are Interchangeable but I just bought the car used about a week ago so I am trying to get it back to new quality here is a pic of the passenger side before any correction after compounding and then polishing with 205

allenk4
05-10-2014, 03:21 PM

+1 on the Test Spot for WGFG

In my experience with WGFG, it cuts very little and improved results may only be seen on dark, soft paint. On the vehicle in the pictures, it will be very difficult to see any improvement. Please do a 50/50 pic and post it if you do try WGFG.

WGFG is less aggressive than M205.

Todd Helme's chart (http://www.autopiaforums.com/Todd-Helme/polish-chart.jpg)
WGFG = 3
M205 = 4

Opinions vary on when to wash between steps.

- Some wash after every step (compounding, polishing, jeweling)

- Some don't wash at all

If you are following WGFG with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, you do not have to wash or do an IPA/Eraser wipe down.

Prophizee
05-10-2014, 04:01 PM
+1 on the Test Spot for WGFG

In my experience with WGFG, it cuts very little and improved results may only be seen on dark, soft paint. On the vehicle in the pictures, it will be very difficult to see any improvement. Please do a 50/50 pic and post it if you do try WGFG.

WGFG is less aggressive than M205.

Todd Helme's chart (http://www.autopiaforums.com/Todd-Helme/polish-chart.jpg)
WGFG = 3
M205 = 4

Opinions vary on when to wash between steps.

- Some wash after every step (compounding, polishing, jeweling)

- Some don't wash at all

If you are following WGFG with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, you do not have to wash or do an IPA/Eraser wipe down.

No wasn't planning on doing the Wolfgang sealant. Was going to do collinite 476 followed by a topper of signature 2.

allenk4
05-10-2014, 05:46 PM
No wasn't planning on doing the Wolfgang sealant. Was going to do collinite 476 followed by a topper of signature 2.

Following M205 or WGFG with wax will not be an issue.

How did you decide on 476?

Prophizee
05-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Following M205 or WGFG with wax will not be an issue.

How did you decide on 476?

I always wanted to try it so during the forum sale I picked some up.

Prophizee
05-11-2014, 10:30 AM

I haven't had time the last two days to continue work on the car today after mothers day celebration I will do a test spot and post 50/50 pics of wgfg