PDA

View Full Version : Took My BRZ to Detailed Designs Auto Spa in "Atlanta"

topKek
05-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey, just recently obtained a 2014 BRZ. It isn't a dream car for me but I needed to sell my old car and what better way to learn manual than a BRZ?

I decided after much research (more research than I put into actually picking the car) to get it coated, but since I had little faith in my abilities thought it better to leave it to the professionals.

During my research one name came up frequently for Atlanta detailers, Jean-Claude of Detailed Designs Auto Spa. His involvement in a few communities as well as YouTube videos of his work convinced me to trust him
with my new car.

When I picked up the BRZ it was covered in pollen (as much things are in Georgia in April) which was a great thing since it meant the dealer listened (I know right?). This of course hid what I believe to be scratches from them removing the protective film (possible it happened from debris on the road as well, can't be sure, but this did settle an important conflict for me).

I dropped it off later that week with Jean-Claude for Opti-Coat. First thing I noticed (and he warned me about this on my phone call with him) was that it was about getting what I thought was worth getting done. He mentioned protective film and I backed away from that idea (as once again, this is merely the BRZ, not my, hopefully, eventual M3, C63AMG, etc) and he immediately agreed that if it didn't make sense for me to do it, no need to talk about it further. Which is always nice, I hate being sold things but love buying things if you get what I am saying. He explained the process, and was willing to discuss on how aftercare should go (but after spending lots of time here, I have a pretty good idea).

When I picked it up, well, this is what I imagine new cars should look like. Sad too, if more people would hold dealers accountable for the damage they do to cars on their lots (or the damage shoppers do to dealer cars, saw a big door ding on a new silver BRZ there), perhaps dealers would hire professionals to properly prep/maintain the (usually) 2nd biggest investment someone makes.

I am not a photographer, but these few pictures are after work with my girlfriends DSLR (I used auto despite DSLR users saying never use auto). They took their own photos so I'm not sure if Jean-Claude will chime in with his pictures or not (also hopefully you post some of that old Jag when it is finished)...

I'm sure that this was a good investment already though. I haven't done any wash so I can't personally speak for the protection/easier maintenance side of Opti-Coat yet, but it does look pretty awesome.

All in all, my experience with Detailed Designs Auto Spa was great, and hopefully after I get into and then out of graduate school I will be coming back with a car that is worthy of coating AND protective film. Also hopefully when Jean-Claude expands again, he gets closer to civilization :).

Anyway, gallery here -> BRZ - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/VUwY8#0)

GreatAvalon
05-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Sweeeeeet!

tnecniv
05-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Nice! I'd love to have a DGM BRZ myself!

Jean-Claude
05-11-2014, 10:07 PM
topKek, I am happy to hear you were so pleased with your experience! Thanks for the kind words and you know how to reach me if you ever have a question!

-too, we need to find some time for you to come back for your car wash clinic!