PDA

View Full Version : Rug doctor for auto carpets

808_detail_nut
05-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Anyone ever use a rug doctor, like the one you can rent at home depot, on their automotive carpet and seats? Just seen one for pretty cheap on craigslist and wondering if I should think about picking it up until I can afford a Aztec or just use the LGM till then. I would have to order the upholstery attachment so it would be about 300 all together.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
05-09-2014, 05:54 AM
I bought the wife the Bissell Big Green a few months ago, and I use it for floor mats as well. Works AMAZINGLY well.

Amazon.com - BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner, 86T3 - Carpet Steam Cleaners (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00450U6CS/ref=oh_details_o08_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

cmanningjr
05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Anyone ever use a rug doctor, like the one you can rent at home depot, on their automotive carpet and seats? Just seen one for pretty cheap on craigslist and wondering if I should think about picking it up until I can afford a Aztec or just use the LGM till then. I would have to order the upholstery attachment so it would be about 300 all together.

I own a rug doctor. They work great.. Upholstery attachment is a MUST have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

808_detail_nut
05-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Ok so I think I'm gonna get it if it works. It's 150 then I need to get the attachment with is $80 bucks or so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

cmanningjr
05-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok so I think I'm gonna get it if it works. It's 150 then I need to get the attachment with is $80 bucks or so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Which model is it?? That's a really good deal. I bought ours new a few years ago. Pricey but worth it with carpet in the house..

David Hayward
05-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I bought the wife the Bissell Big Green a few months ago, and I use it for floor mats as well. Works AMAZINGLY well.

Amazon.com - BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner, 86T3 - Carpet Steam Cleaners (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00450U6CS/ref=oh_details_o08_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I also use a bissell green machine. I love it. Got mine on a big lots clearance for 15 bucks.

808_detail_nut
05-09-2014, 02:40 PM
I just picked it up and yes it a freeeking deal. Just renting the thing from anywhere is 50 bucks. I figure, 2 cars then my home carpet and its paid for even if it breaks. Its got some hours on it and its a MP - R2C. I just need the upholstery wand and hose that I got to order then im good to go. Only bad thing is that nobody here sells parts so I have to order it and pay shipping. I tried to rent from Homedepot but they said I have to rent the whole machine, not just the part. Im sure when the lady said it works well she means it. I always make it a little difficult for the meeting to test when buying on craigslist so that if they will go through that much trouble to bring it out to test then it should work. Also, I found out the lady works with my aunt so if I was to have any issues I could just let her know. Perks of living on a island.

cmanningjr
05-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I just picked it up and yes it a freeeking deal. Just renting the thing from anywhere is 50 bucks. I figure, 2 cars then my home carpet and its paid for even if it breaks. Its got some hours on it and its a MP - R2C. I just need the upholstery wand and hose that I got to order then im good to go. Only bad thing is that nobody here sells parts so I have to order it and pay shipping. I tried to rent from Homedepot but they said I have to rent the whole machine, not just the part. Im sure when the lady said it works well she means it. I always make it a little difficult for the meeting to test when buying on craigslist so that if they will go through that much trouble to bring it out to test then it should work. Also, I found out the lady works with my aunt so if I was to have any issues I could just let her know. Perks of living on a island.

They are pretty much bullet proof. Never had any issues.

Take the screen off the tank and clean the pickup filter. Nobody ever does that.

808_detail_nut
05-09-2014, 11:37 PM
They are pretty much bullet proof. Never had any issues.

Take the screen off the tank and clean the pickup filter. Nobody ever does that.

Thanks for the tip. Can wait to use that badboy. It looks like it had better days but I started it up and the vacuum is still strong. Now I have to wait for the wand.

oldmodman
05-11-2014, 03:10 AM
I got the Rug Doctor from Costco same as you.

I sure am glad I did. Nor only does it do a great job on carpets but the upholstery attachment is worth the extra weight of the big machine.

And as was said. Be meticulous in cleaning out the rug doctor after you use it. Those screen really do hold every scrap of lint and hair.