PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here used the EGO 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
05-08-2014, 09:48 PM
This is apparently a Home Depot house brand so nobody else carries them. There are only a few reviews on their site. I'm looking for a battery powered way to dry vehicles. This one looks interesting, the MPH isn't super high but it the CFM rating seems good, especially in turbo mode. $200 though is a big drop for me on something I can't find a single video or real review on.

The full name it is EGO 92 mph 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower

poweraid
05-08-2014, 11:13 PM
it's interesting. I think u should go buy it , try it out , report back . u can always return it if u don't like it . customer satisfaction . I saw 62 reviews of this thing with a 4.6 out of 5 . looks like about 15mins of run time on turbo . 5 year warranty .

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
05-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Hummm, last night I went back to their site and noticed there was a version of this with the battery + charger included that had a ton of reviews. The one I saw 1st only had 4. definitely a lot of great reviews, none of them are car people really. But I guess that should be expected when I'm looking at a leaf blower lol.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
05-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I have a Toro that (allegedly) puts out 230mph. It's pretty effective, but I'm pushing to get larger SUVs\trucks done before it starts drying on it's own. I wouldn't want to use much less than that, personally.

poweraid
05-09-2014, 09:27 AM
makita has a
18v. 91cfm-179mph
and
36v. 400 cfm-208mph
what's more important cfm or
mph - idk

tcrummitt87
05-09-2014, 09:42 AM
I think that If I were purchasing a cordless tool like this I would maybe try and stick with the same brand for any other tools I might want in the future. If you buy this blower and then go and get a dewalt drill you would never be able to swap batteries. sticking with the same brand allows you to consolidate and only purchase one type of battery.

Vtextc
05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
The Ego model doesn't seem overly powerful. I had a B&D one for years that I recently replaced with a Toro (likely same as PapaChop" and it performs much better than the outgoing model. I'm not a fan of Li-ion tools, so perhaps I'm a little biased.

A