PDA

View Full Version : Good polish to bring out metal flakes on light color car

lineman
05-08-2014, 05:56 PM
I have a very light ( almost white ) cream colored car with very scuttle metal flakes. The 08 color was called White Sand Triple Coat if anyone has it. I am going to do a full detail and am looking for suggestions for a good polish that will not mute the flakes, is easy to use with a PC and remove easy by hand. Secondly...I am not up on glazes and want to know if a glaze or a polish with a glaze in it will mute the flakes? The finish is in excellent shape and will not need any correction. I am just wanting to get a little more shine out of it if possible.

allenk4
05-08-2014, 05:59 PM
When you say polish, are you talking about the Last Step Product like a wax, sealant or coating?

Subtle flakes should not be muted by and quality LSP.

An imperfect...flawed surface of the paint will mute the underlying flake in the base coat.

Finemess
05-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html)

The Guz
05-08-2014, 06:34 PM
I have had good success with M205 on my silver and white car. My silver car has more metal flake than my white one.

swanicyouth
05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
If it was me, and your not needing correction, go at it with an ultra fine finishing polish on a finishing pad. That should bring the finish up to top spec. As to bring out the flake, that's a hard one. I like BFWD topped with MS.

FUNX650
05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
-Go with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze for the finial polishing step.

-Follow that with either 3M Perfect-It Show Car Wax,
or Meguiar's M26 Hi-Tech Car Wax.

Bob