PDA

View Full Version : Tractor trailer pricing

MDX Detailing
05-08-2014, 03:41 PM
I just got a potential customer asking for an estimate on his tractor trailer. I've never done one before and need help on pricing estimates. Wants the outside done, maybe just a wash and wax, maybe a buff and chrome polishing. I know it's a big job just don't know how long exactly it would take and what to charge. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

TopThatDetail
05-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Either by the hour or by the square foot

12silvy
05-08-2014, 06:08 PM
I always go by hour on something like that. I had the opportunity to do one a few years ago. I only had to spot buff it and polish the chrome and man was it a job but paid great.

antti@561detailing
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Check out Mike Phillips thread on how to detail semi...is it saddle only? And how pad it is? We used aio and worked out great. Depends also your tools.

MDX Detailing
05-08-2014, 09:46 PM
I haven't seen it yet and don't know what all he wants or needs, I'm guessing paints not too bad
Because he said he just had a mural painted on it. I did check out that one thread. I have all the tools needed and would def be trying an aio first. Should I try to tackle it alone? Or is that just too much to try?. I have no employees but I can wrangle up some help if needed

MDX Detailing
05-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Ok gave my estimate today. Going to wash. Decon. Clay. Wax. Polish all chrome including tanks treadplate wheels grill exhaust stacks mirrors. My estimate is $450. Getting the job and will be setting up monthly cleaning also

Vortech5.0
05-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Definitely need to post some pics. Sounds like a job and a half. Good luck!

GreatAvalon
05-09-2014, 11:29 PM
How soon is "just" got a mural painted on it? Be careful with that spot if it isn't past the cure time for the paint yet.

MDX Detailing
05-10-2014, 12:37 AM
I'll post some pics. Several weeks ago he got it. He said the guy who painted it put 2 coats of frog skin on to top it off. Any one know what that Is? I worked in a body shop for several years but never heard of it.