PDA

View Full Version : New from Illinois

exploreco
05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I am new from Illinois. Just bought a brand new car and looking for best practices for keeping her looking great. Bought black and I am kind of wondering what the heck I was thinking now :) We were just tired of tan as our last two were tan and we have a white so we went with the black. I will post something in the detail forum later on care for black as I think my current pattern won't be good enough. Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

zmcgovern45
05-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Just curious... where in Central, IL are you located?

I'm in Peoria... always nice to see others around the area getting in to proper detailing :) Welcome!

and to answer your question... proper routine maintenance is the key.

Learn to utilize the 3 bucket washing method, decontaminate when needed, and refresh your protection often to sum it up.

Kaleb G.
05-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Welcome from Morton! You will spend a lot of time taking care of that black!

GenesisCoupe
05-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Welcome from Addison!!!!

You should come out to the May 18th meet in WoodStock, IL at the Car Cave. You will learn a TON of stuff and meet fellow Chicago detailers and enthousiasts !

jamesboyy
05-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Welcome to autogeek

exploreco
05-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I am in Bloomington. I have always taken good care of my cars in the past and did new car prep/minor detailing years ago for sa dealer. But most of my cars have been light colors which are far more forgiving.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!