PDA

View Full Version : Onwards and upwards!

RAM12
05-08-2014, 09:09 AM
So this spring I am putting together an order to upgrade some of my auto detailing products and a few extra pieces of equipment for the arsenal. Due to working 2 jobs, 2 kids, married life, home renovations, and other life's finer obstacles both our cars were not washed or detailed all winter long. I broke down and went through an auto wash because I was desperate to have a cleaner looking truck. So this year I am looking to upgrade on some of my products that I will be using. I am a novice car detailer who typically does maintenance washes monthly and a fresh wax twice a year.

Up until now I have had a car wash regimen that included products like:
Mothers Californis Gold Shampoo or Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo
Purple Power or Simple Green APC (wheels, tires, and engine bay)
Mothers California Gold Pure Carnuba Wax or Meguiar's Gold Class Paste Wax
Various OTC vinyl and tire dressings (I was smart a few years ago to move on from Armor All products)
windex for the windows.

I am currently putting together an order to get back to basics and improve the products I use for maintenance washes while upgrading some of my equipment.

So my order will include

Carpro Iron-X
Meguiar's Claybar
Optimum Power Clean APC ( diluted for different purposes IE wheels, tires, engine bay, interior dash and trim, and carpet and upholstery)
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo (I really like this stuff)
Collinite 915
Ultima Tire and Trim Guard
Meguiar's Gold Class Leather cleaner and conditioner
Hopes Perfect Glass
Foam Gun
Bucket Grit Guards

Is there anything that you guys would suggest I change, add, or avoid? I don't plan on doing a full on mechanical polish this year. Baby steps!

FUNX650
05-08-2014, 09:24 AM
-Meguiar's D120 Detailer Glass Cleaner Concentrate,
in place of the Hope's.

-LeatherMaster's Cleaner & Protector Kit,
in place of the Meguiar's.

Bob

swanicyouth
05-08-2014, 09:37 AM
So this spring I am putting together an order to upgrade some of my auto detailing products and a few extra pieces of equipment for the arsenal. Due to working 2 jobs, 2 kids, married life, home renovations, and other life's finer obstacles both our cars were not washed or detailed all winter long. I broke down and went through an auto wash because I was desperate to have a cleaner looking truck. So this year I am looking to upgrade on some of my products that I will be using. I am a novice car detailer who typically does maintenance washes monthly and a fresh wax twice a year.

Up until now I have had a car wash regimen that included products like:
Mothers Californis Gold Shampoo or Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo
Purple Power or Simple Green APC (wheels, tires, and engine bay)
Mothers California Gold Pure Carnuba Wax or Meguiar's Gold Class Paste Wax
Various OTC vinyl and tire dressings (I was smart a few years ago to move on from Armor All products)
windex for the windows.

I am currently putting together an order to get back to basics and improve the products I use for maintenance washes while upgrading some of my equipment.

So my order will include

Carpro Iron-X
Meguiar's Claybar
Optimum Power Clean APC ( diluted for different purposes IE wheels, tires, engine bay, interior dash and trim, and carpet and upholstery)
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo (I really like this stuff)
Collinite 915
Ultima Tire and Trim Guard
Meguiar's Gold Class Leather cleaner and conditioner
Hopes Perfect Glass
Foam Gun
Bucket Grit Guards

Is there anything that you guys would suggest I change, add, or avoid? I don't plan on doing a full on mechanical polish this year. Baby steps!

What I would do:

1. Get a clay substitute instead of clay. If you drop the clay once it's toast. Clay substitutes can be used many times over.

2. Get a concentrated bottle of UWW+. You can use it as a QD, clay lube, waterless wash, and rinseless wash.

3. Skip leather "conditioners" and get a leather protectant like CarPro F & L.

4. Get a glass cleaner with rain repellent, like Pinnacle. Also, get 2 Wolfstein's Zap clothes for glass - they will give you perfect glass with DI water. They really work nice.

RAM12
05-09-2014, 12:27 PM
What I would do:

1. Get a clay substitute instead of clay. If you drop the clay once it's toast. Clay substitutes can be used many times over.

2. Get a concentrated bottle of UWW+. You can use it as a QD, clay lube, waterless wash, and rinseless wash.

3. Skip leather "conditioners" and get a leather protectant like CarPro F & L.

4. Get a glass cleaner with rain repellent, like Pinnacle. Also, get 2 Wolfstein's Zap clothes for glass - they will give you perfect glass with DI water. They really work nice.

Thanks for the feedback! Couple Questions though:

What is a clay substitute? I keep reading about nanoskin, is that it? I will look into the Carpro Leather Protectant and I like the idea about the glass cleaner with water repellant. I will probably use the Hope's on the interior glass though.

CopperMtnGuy
05-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Yep- that's the Nanoskin.