PDA

View Full Version : polishers

zkilo
05-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Hello, reading about the different polishers and I' thinking of upgrading from a PC to a rupes bigfoot 21. The question I have is what do you use for the smaller areas/panels? Thank you

DaveT435
05-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Your PC maybe...

trekkeruss
05-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Anyone who uses tools for a living never has just one tool in their box; I imagine those who use a Rupes 21 also use a smaller polisher as well.

Evan.J
05-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Hello, reading about the different polishers and I' thinking of upgrading from a PC to a rupes bigfoot 21. The question I have is what do you use for the smaller areas/panels? Thank you

Welcome to the forum first off! :dblthumb2:

I know I myself have a few ways I can go when it comes to small polishers.

Here is what you can do, you can go out and get a 3" backing plate for the PC and use 4" pads.

You can purchase a Griots 3" polisher. If you do go with that then I would only recommend the microfiber pads for any correction.

Finally, what I have is the Rupes 75E. This machine is a monster of a small polisher and its great! I have used the foam pads and the microfiber pads and I am so happy I was able to buy this polisher.

While it all comes down to what you want to spend you can't go wrong any way you pick.

If money isn't an issue (sometimes it is sometimes it isn't) then the 75E hands down. If it is then go with the PC.

Rsurfer
05-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Without question the Mini. The 21 and Mini go hand in hand.

05-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Welcome to Autogeek!

Rupes Mini if you can afford it, other your PC will work too...