PDA

View Full Version : Best Product for Cleaning Leather Seats

Dez615
05-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Hello,

I purchased a new 2013 Altima and I have not cleaned the leather yet. This is my first brand new vehicle and would like to at least keep it looking that way for years to come. I did look in the OM and it said clean with a soft cloth damped in mild soap solution, then wipe clean with a dry cloth.

It gives a caution to not use saddle soap, car waxes, polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, detergents or ammonia-based cleaners.

Do you recommend or know of any products that would apply between these parameters? I greatly appreciate your help. I am sorry if this might be elementary to you pro's.

Thanks in advance!

dc52nv
05-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I've been cleaning my leather seats with Ultima Interior Shampoo for years.

Make sure to apply a leather conditioner after cleaning them to protect them.

trekkeruss
05-07-2014, 12:26 PM
AG carries dozens of products for cleaning and/or conditioning leather. I doubt any of them would harm your leather seats. I can't say what's best, but I have used Lexol and Meguiar's products with success.

Dez615
05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I appreciate the help I actually got a bottle of the conditioner the dealership uses on the vehicles. I just do not want to mess up my seats.

Guessless
05-07-2014, 12:48 PM
I use Sonax leather spray sold @ AG and am very happy with it, it both cleans and protects also gives a fresh leather look. So I clean my leather first with a damp Mf towel and a bit of shampoo if it's really dirty then spray the Sonax and wipe off.

A few of the AG lines like Pinnacle and Wolfgang have both leather cleaners and protectants, but i haven't used em.

addysdaddy
05-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I've been cleaning my leather seats with Ultima Interior Shampoo for years.

Make sure to apply a leather conditioner after cleaning them to protect them.

Ditto this for treated leather seats. On aniline leather, then I would recommend Leather Masters.

builthatch
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Optimum Leather Protectant. simple, effective, cheap. i use nothing else on everything from cheapo vinyl-backed leather to high quality premium leather. i apply with one side of a foamed cotton applicator and lightly buff with the other. that's it.

however, if the seats are in tip top shape to start, you might want to look into getting your seats coated with Optimum Leather Coating so you have permanent protection.

Rmd
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Ultima interior guard plus is an excellent product to protect seats once you clean them. They will feel smooth, not slick and lasts several months

GS2011
05-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Leatherique Pristine Clean :xyxthumbs:

jamesboyy
05-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Leatherique or leather master leather cleaner

FUNX650
05-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I appreciate the help I actually got a bottle of the conditioner the dealership uses on the vehicles. I just do not want to mess up my seats.
Don't use a "conditioner"...Clean and Protect!

Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

Bob

swanicyouth
05-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Good & safe leather cleaners:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/08/uhedebu7.jpg

Protection:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/08/qasy4e4y.jpg

Romach
05-08-2014, 03:21 AM
I just finished my audi q5 interior with the pbl leather and interior kit and its awesome.

Far better than any other leather cleaner and conditioner I have ever used