PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Bundy2014
05-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Hello. I am new the forum and I am looking for product suggestions for a few items I have listed below. I have a dark colored 2003 Cobra (Dark Shadow Grey Metallic) that spends 99% of its time in the garage. The picture below shows the car right after I detailed it the last time. It is only driven on nice sunny days, and never in the winter.

The last time I detailed the car, I performed the following steps:
1) Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion (Cyclo Polisher/Green Pads)
2) Pinnacle Clay Bar
3) Poor Boy's Black Hole (Cycle Polisher/Blue Pads)
4) Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

I am looking for suggestions for the following -
1) More shiny appearance (most important)
2) What I should use for cleaning/protecting fabric top
3) What is good to use to clean/protect suede seats
4) Good way to clean bugs from the intercooler radiator

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/Boonda20/2012-08-11191930Small.jpg (http://s747.photobucket.com/user/Boonda20/media/2012-08-11191930Small.jpg.html)

Desertnate
05-07-2014, 10:14 AM
For a more glass-like reflective shine you might try a synthetic sealant instead of a carnauba based wax.

I've used Klasse AIO and SG on my Graphite Gray Metallic Mazda3 which very close in color to your Cobra. The shine was amazing.

cplchris
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
for the paint i would use a finishing polish such as m205 or menzerna sf4500 (if there are any swirls), but one thing i would change in your process would be to clay first then use a paint cleaner. also the use of something like iron-x or trix to remove embedded iron particles would help before claying. then maybe use the klasse all in one and high gloss sealant glaze (2 or 3 coats using forum member klasse's wipe on wipe off method). ill let someone else chime in about the top and seats. as for the radiator and intercooler i would pick up from home depot or a similar store a couple of cans of air conditioner coil cleaner (it sprays on as a foam, let it dwell and rinse it off).

edit: WELCOME TO AUTOGEEK ONLINE