PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Paint

nrsk4u
07-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Just got a new car and although I detatiled extensively in highschool at a dealer.....times have changed. I was just wondering,, ang would be greatfull on product tips. Im pretty impressed with the DP line, but am confused about the application process after I clay the rail dust off the car. do I seal the paint or wax then seal???? :confused:

JoeD
07-22-2007, 12:00 PM
If you plan on sealing the paint, do it first then apply wax. Make sure you wait for sealer to cure before applying the final wax.

nrsk4u
07-22-2007, 12:23 PM
SWEET!! so clay, seal, wait to cure, wax ....is the way to go then?

Mike T
07-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes. The sealant needs time to breathe and bond to the paint. Not giving it the time can greatly effect the durability. IF you apply a sealant over a wax, it will not be able to bond to the paint do to the oils and other properties of the wax.

nrsk4u
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
thanks.....the info in the DP site said to put wax then seal, and that what confused me, ....thanks again!!

supercharged
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Wash---Clay---Polish/Prep---Protect

D
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Wash---Clay---Polish/Prep---Protect

Yep. Some people do

Wash clay wash polish wash protect.

I always do wash clay wash. The wash after the clay is just a quick foam gun rinse, then pressure wash. I only wash after polish if the polish dusts. If the polish doesnt dust, and Im using a sealant, then Ill do an alcohol wipe down first. Then apply the sealant. But if the polish doesnt dust, and Im just waxing then Ill go straight to wax after polish.