PDA

View Full Version : Topping Wolfgang

Paulyfe12
05-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone I'm thinking of using a Griots 6 inch DA with CCS orange, white and grey pads with Wolfgang TSR 3.0, Finishing Glaze then the high gloss paint sealant. It says I should then top it off with Fuzion, but I cant really afford 100 bucks for a 30mil wax. anyone have any experience with topping wolfgang sealant with other companies waxes? What ones work the best and which ones to avoid.

FUNX650
05-07-2014, 07:30 AM
IMHO:
Absolutely no rhyme or reason that Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 should be topped with a Wax.

Bob

Sbmin
05-07-2014, 07:53 AM
I agree with Bob. I have topped Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (WDGPS) with Fusion in the past and have found it offered little to no additional shine. WDGPS will give a great shine and offer long lasting protection on it's own. Fusion by itself is great but is not particularly durable.

Bunky
05-07-2014, 11:16 AM
I would suggest applying WG and then after a wash or two then consider a wax if want to try something. You should try to see how you like it without a topper first.

Paulyfe12
05-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Really? the fact that the wax is so hyped up made me think it was the best part of the whole system. especially being sooooo expensive. Was gonna order some light fantastic from dodo, or even Midnight ivory from Blackfire, but ill give it a shot with just the sealant and see how it plays out. Thanks guys. And Anyone else feel like dropping their 2 cents, feel free. The question is still open for discussion. :)

swanicyouth
05-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone I'm thinking of using a Griots 6 inch DA with CCS orange, white and grey pads with Wolfgang TSR 3.0, Finishing Glaze then the high gloss paint sealant. It says I should then top it off with Fuzion, but I cant really afford 100 bucks for a 30mil wax. anyone have any experience with topping wolfgang sealant with other companies waxes? What ones work the best and which ones to avoid.

You can top WG's sealant with any wax. I wasn't aware Fuzion costs $100 for 30mls now, nor that it even came in that size - but I bought it a while ago. If your looking for something nice that's not too many $, try P21S.

Just02896
05-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I topped WDGPS with Sonax Netshield with excellent results. Did it last November and was still beading water in March after all the snow, salt, and sand!

allenk4
05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Really? the fact that the wax is so hyped up made me think it was the best part of the whole system. especially being sooooo expensive. Was gonna order some light fantastic from dodo, or even Midnight ivory from Blackfire, but ill give it a shot with just the sealant and see how it plays out. Thanks guys. And Anyone else feel like dropping their 2 cents, feel free. The question is still open for discussion. :)

I don't recall ever seeing WGDGPS and Fuzion as a "System".

I have topped WGDGPS with Fuzion and I did notice a significance difference...Fuzion smells great!

I did not see a change in the visual appearance of the surface of the paint.

FUNX650
05-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Really? the fact that the wax is so hyped up made me think it was the best part of the whole system especially being sooooo expensive.
Regardless their cost:
I think that sometimes consumers can fall prey to
"systems"...that aren't exactly necessary.

Bob

Dan K
05-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Add me to the list of not topping it. After a few months I may apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant after washes to boost the shine and slickness.

HateSwirls
05-07-2014, 02:28 PM
There's no need to top the Wolfgang Sealant.
Notice how slick and shiny the finish is once applied.

Now if you can afford to top it with a good Nuba that's fine too but not necessary.

Finemess
05-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I've topped it with SS II, Lq. Souv., MaxWax, and Fuzion. I think it tapers the hard candy look a little on my ride. YMMV

JB5674
05-12-2014, 09:29 PM
The " car car kit " that has swirl remover, orange pad, glaze blue pad, wgdgps, white pad ALSO has the instant detailer. More or less it's spray carnauba. Me personally, I like v7 for gloss effect or Meg's nxt for a topper. It's cheap and it last with the WG product line and my quick clean / spray detail routine

spiralout462
05-12-2014, 10:38 PM
There's no need to top the Wolfgang Sealant.
Notice how slick and shiny the finish is once applied.

Now if you can afford to top it with a good Nuba that's fine too but not necessary.

:iagree: When I choose to apply WDGPS it's because I like the properties it exhibits. In addition, 12 hours is a long time to wait till "topping". WDGPS is an excellent product by itself!