PDA

View Full Version : How many of U use a sun shade?

Pages : [1] 2

Tonya
07-22-2007, 09:57 AM
My new car has a very dark gray almost black interior. Many is my car hot by the end of the day! I have never used a sun shade before. I am thinking after a few weeks I will get tired of pulling it in and out of the window. So..... how many of you use one everyday and believe it is worth it. How many of you bought one and stopped messing with it?
Feed back please

gamster
07-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Tonya, I use one every day, I have a black car with black leather interior so I know what you mean by hot at end of the day. Also keep in mind I live in Phoenix Arizona so you are a minority if you do not use one. One other thing it helps keep your interior from fading.

HighEndDetail
07-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I use mine almost everday. From 11-5 it is full sun on the front of my vehicle. I also use one on my clients cars, when I don't have any shade to work in. It cuts the direct heat down a lot, and of course the sunlight on the dash

gary26
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I use one everyday also. The Reflextix Sunshield sold here is great. It's also custom fitted to your car which makes it less of a hassle to use. Used one on my Volvo for 17 years never had a crack in my dash, also maintained with cleaners and conditioners of course.
Gary26

Reddwarf
07-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Tonya, I use one darn near every day. I have to park outside at work. I recently got my windows tinted and that makes a huge difference. I still use the sun shade (http://www.autogeek.net/heatshields.html) that I purchased from AG and the wheel cover also from AG (not sure if they still sell them).

Tex Star Detail
07-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I suggest using one. Saves your dash from warping and cracking. 10 dollar sunshade vs. a lot of $$$$ replacing a dash

supercharged
07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Check with your state laws first, then tint all your windows, except for windshield. Use a sunshade under your windshield. this will help keeping temperature lower, and interior cooler.

wytstang
07-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I use one all the time as my car sits outside 24/7. It's a huge help.

Tonya
07-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks sounds like one, I get use to using it, it will become habbit. Seems like the WeatherFlector® Wind Deflectors wouldn't be a bad idea either. I got an auto car starter installed for the winter already, however been using it to cool the car down a few days. Nothing worse than getting into your car dress up in a suit, panty hose, camisole and feeling sweat roll down your back. I bet you guys hate it too. :D :p :p hee... hee... hee :D

wytstang
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I know I do ;)

dengood1
07-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I know I do ;)

I'm with Wytstang........pantyhose and sweat just don't mix:p

Yes, I use a sunshield everyday and to help keep the car cool I crack each window less than a centimeter to keep air circulating(actually this helps more than the sunshield). Gotta keep your eye out for rain though.

RTexasF
07-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I agree that it is a needed item. Make sure you get the correct size. If it is too short the sun visors won't keep it upright and it just plops to the floor......guess how I found that out?

tod071
07-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Along with ceramic Huper Optik tint, including a "clear" tint (80%) on the windshield, I use the UVS Heat Shield. You can find it on AG and its custom fitted to you vehicle.

Brace1
07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I use mine every day, down here in sunny S. Florida.

Mine is the kind with shiny reflective foil, and the other day the surface was so hot that I couldn't even hold it to roll it up. I just threw it in the back seat, imagine the heat that would've come into the car if the shade wasn't up all day.

07ImpalaSS
07-22-2007, 08:48 PM
They're definately worth it. I don't use it everyday, but all it takes is one day of getting in my car without it, then I remember to use it next time. Also I'm thinking of getting those deflectors as well, not sure how well they work, but I've heard alot of good things about them.