PDA

View Full Version : CR Spotless with spots

Spinny02
05-05-2014, 09:53 PM
So I have heard many great things about the CR spotless rinse system, so I picked the large one up ($450) from Autogeek.

I gave it a go this past weekend with two cars. I used the CR water for my 3 buckets, also with the PSI washer to foam, pre wash, and rinse. I really wanted to put the unit to the test with no room for error!

Well when i was done making sure i have rinsed all the soap out of all the cracks I pulled both cars back in the garage for the night. I could not wait to see what all this talk was about!

When I woke up I went to check on the cars only too find SPOTS. It was not as bad as before (if i did not dry the cars) but i was not expecting to see that many.

Is this normal and to be expected? Not much to mess up putting the CR together.

Thinking about returning this! Any ideas or exercises?

Note: I have my water tested every year (public water) and its not "overly hard". The meter on the CR says 000 Feed back please

WRAPT C5Z06
05-05-2014, 10:06 PM
The spots are most likely from airborne dirt landing on the car since it probably took a while to dry in the garage. This will cause spotting. If the meter reads 0.00 you ARE getting spotless water. Not from the water, but the dirt. CR Spotless is golden when using in the sun. Dries quickly and will not spot. I have the system too and still always dry the car.

Chris@AutoCleanse
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
:iagree:
I have the system and what Mark said is exactly what is happening. The airborne dirt is settling in the water droplets before drying thus causing spots.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
:iagree:

I have the system and what Mark said is exactly what is happening. The airborne dirt is settling in the water droplets before drying thus causing spots.

Chris, you explained it a lot more simply. :props:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmodman
05-06-2014, 01:28 AM
I have pretty hard water here in Los Angeles and as long as I use the CR for only the final rinse then go over the car with a waffle weave towel the remaining water residue will dry without any spotting. But whats left on the car is dry in appx ten minutes. The humidity here is generally only about 30 to 50 %

wil2007
05-06-2014, 05:53 AM
The spots are most likely from airborne dirt landing on the car since it probably took a while to dry in the garage. This will cause spotting. If the meter reads 0.00 you ARE getting spotless water. Not from the water, but the dirt. CR Spotless is golden when using in the sun. Dries quickly and will not spot. I have the system too and still always dry the car.
Are you experiencing high maintenance cost as claimed by reviewer. I have well water and would definitely consider this product

WRAPT C5Z06
05-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Are you experiencing high maintenance cost as claimed by reviewer. I have well water and would definitely consider this product
High maintenance as far as what?

Setec Astronomy
05-06-2014, 09:11 AM

I'm sure he's talking about the resin replacement costs.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm sure he's talking about the resin replacement costs.

If that's the case, yes. The resin is not cheap. However, I would never be without this system.

wil2007
05-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I was talking about the filters and resin. How often do you change

WRAPT C5Z06
05-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Very tough question. It depends on what size unit, how much you use it and the hardness of your water. If you're a full time detailer it can get very expensive. If you use it once a week for just the final rinse, it isn't bad. If you use it from start to finish, it goes quicker, obviously. I can't put a number on how often I change the resin.

Buy the refills from Costco, they're the cheapest.

wil2007
05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
ok. Thanks

Spinny02
05-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Thanks all!!! I was hoping to skip the drying step. The sun here in Houston should do the trick in a few min.