PDA

View Full Version : Detailers - how long is your hose?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
05-05-2014, 08:10 PM
I've been mulling over ordering the Groit hose for a week now. I was hoping to find at least 1 review. I know they make high quality products, but if I'm dropping $80-124 on something like a hose. I would like some feedback of some sort.

Well I got impatient today and decided to jump and order it, when I got to the site I noticed the 100 foot one was OOS until 5/9, which is just a few days away. But some of you know how it goes when you really want something you can't wait lol. They do have the 60 footer in stock, I mostly use EcoSmart so I don't need need a hose. But I do have clients here or there that want or need a regular wash. Up until now I have gone ghetto and used their hose. I want to get a hose now though. This one looks about as nice as any I've seen.

Does anyone here use a 50-60 footer and care to comment? I'm absolutely horrible with estimating how much hose I'll need. Obviously 100ft would be better, but it's $45 more, and OOS. I don't live in somewhere like Palm Beach where everyone has huge mansions with ginormous yards. I live in So Cal (951) and there aren't many big houses with big yards around.

Firehouse Mike
05-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I run with 3-50' sections of flat 3/4" wildland fire hose with GHT threads. So 150' total had have been short just a couple of times. Homeowner had hose to make up the difference though. I would go with 2 60' sections myself. Also I am looking hard at that hose. I live right by the Griot's store in Wa., and was checking it out on Saturday. Please do a short review when you get it. Feels like a silicone rubber to me.

Beavis
05-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Man getting kinda personal there...lol...

Well my pressure hose is 1 75ft and 1 25ft. Probably could use another hose though

Sparkle N Shine Detail

Gsrjake
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
got my hose from walmart, 50ft $20 bucks doesnt kink

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
05-05-2014, 09:18 PM
I run with 3-50' sections of flat 3/4" wildland fire hose with GHT threads. So 150' total had have been short just a couple of times. Homeowner had hose to make up the difference though. I would go with 2 60' sections myself. Also I am looking hard at that hose. I live right by the Griot's store in Wa., and was checking it out on Saturday. Please do a short review when you get it. Feels like a silicone rubber to me.

Is that a good thing in your opinion?

VP Mark
05-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Go to Sam's club. 120 ft commercial hose for $24. I have 3 of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

KillaCam
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Go to Sam's club. 120 ft commercial hose for $24. I have 3 of them.

Hold up well?

VP Mark
05-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Hold up well?

I have some large fleet washing accounts. They are true commercial grade.

Lexi65
05-05-2014, 10:51 PM
I've been mulling over ordering the Groit hose for a week now. I was hoping to find at least 1 review. I know they make high quality products, but if I'm dropping $80-124 on something like a hose. I would like some feedback of some sort.

Well I got impatient today and decided to jump and order it, when I got to the site I noticed the 100 foot one was OOS until 5/9, which is just a few days away. But some of you know how it goes when you really want something you can't wait lol. They do have the 60 footer in stock, I mostly use EcoSmart so I don't need need a hose. But I do have clients here or there that want or need a regular wash. Up until now I have gone ghetto and used their hose. I want to get a hose now though. This one looks about as nice as any I've seen.

Does anyone here use a 50-60 footer and care to comment? I'm absolutely horrible with estimating how much hose I'll need. Obviously 100ft would be better, but it's $45 more, and OOS. I don't live in somewhere like Palm Beach where everyone has huge mansions with ginormous yards. I live in So Cal (951) and there aren't many big houses with big yards around.

Strongly suggest you get your tape measure out the next time
ur at a client's home. The longer the hose the heavier the hose
and more difficult to maneuver. I have a 25 foot hose, but I
don't detail for a living. :buffing:

Firehouse Mike
05-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Is that a good thing in your opinion?

Silicone stays very flexible is cool temps or when cold water is running through it and its kink resistant, so yeah it looks like a good thing

07gtcs
05-06-2014, 01:17 PM
I bought a 100ft no kink hose from Home Depot or Lowes, sits out all spring, summer and fall and works great.

amnbcn
05-13-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm running two 50' Craftsman all rubber hoses. Leave them out year round. Non-marking and will not burst in high temperatures.

You can usually catch them on sale throughout the summer.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

wdmaccord
05-13-2014, 05:41 PM
I've thought about the Craftsman all rubber, but the last time I asked on here about hoses, many people said the black comes off on your hands when it gets hot outside. I'm sure it gets plenty hot in TN, so I take it you haven't had that issue?

mc2hill
05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Excuse me while I whip this out....

Like wdmaccord, I use the Craftsman/Goodyear rubber hoses. I have 2 50 ft. hoses on the reel on the house, and for mobile use 1 25 ft. + 1 50 ft. hose coiled up in a large plastic planter.

silverfox
05-14-2014, 04:12 PM
As short as possible....to maximize flow.