PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Shampooer for mobile?

ArtFoodBMW
05-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Hey geeks,

I'm working on going mobile, but before now i've been using a multi-purpose Bissell proheat carpet shampooer (Does both house floors and has the upholstery attachment for which i do cars).
I'm in need of something smaller that can fit in my BMW.
What do you guys use for detailing? I've looked at a Bissell Little Green Proheat, would that be a fair replacement?

Thanks!

poweraid
05-05-2014, 12:15 PM
the bissel lg proheat is a smaller unit indeed . it works . it won't extract as much water as a more expensive unit . the hose is fairly short but unit is small enough u can just bring it right inside the vehicle . tanks are small u may require multiple refills- and empties since it don't extract as much , u like only get 1/4 of what I sprayed . the heated version ah so so . it does not hear up the water in the tank , it only heard up the water as u spray maybe but to like 15-20 degrees than the tank , but I have actually seen it hot enough that it have off a steam . I've used one and had good results . good for the little I may use it . I got rid of that model and now use the bissel spot clean pro -portable . it's not heated just use hot tap water . I like this one better , has a better hose and I believe more suction .

Evan.J
05-05-2014, 12:22 PM
I would go with the VX5000 and the cyclo brushes on a DA and forget the extractor all together. The steam allows you to clean the carpets/ upholstery and have them dry for when your customers pick up or go for a drive.

VP Mark
05-05-2014, 01:45 PM
+1 for steam. An extractor is a hassle mobile. Steamers are smaller, work faster, dry faster, and get amazing results.

ArtFoodBMW
05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
I have a steamer! So no need for a shampooer?

Kengo123
06-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Where does the dirt go when you use a steamer rather than an extractor? In the towel? how does the carpet get rinsed out?