PDA

View Full Version : Dusty water spots?

Deezul
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
I did a quick cleanup of my 2012 Black Mustang the other day. It rained that night so I have dust like water spots all over it now. My question is, is it safe to go over the car with a MF and some quick detailer?(Surf city black edge) It says it can be used on dusty cars. Anyone recommend a better detailer for black cars? I have the turtle wax one too. Just trying to avoid washing the thing daily!

jamesboyy
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Are you talking about those spots that make your dark colored car look like a leopard in sense when I have these I will do a rinseless wash on the paintwork and wipe with deep microfiber in one direction through you many wanna wring out the microfiber over the panel you will work on so it can flush some of the contamination away but if all you have is quick detailer make sure you really wet the panel and wipe in one direction(use a clean side of the microfiber every time you wipe)
hope it helps a bit

Rsurfer
05-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Are you talking about those spots that make your dark colored car look like a leopard in sense when I have these I will do a rinseless wash on the paintwork and wipe with deep microfiber in one direction through you many wanna wring out the microfiber over the panel you will work on so it can flush some of the contamination away but if all you have is quick detailer make sure you really wet the panel and wipe in one direction(use a clean side of the microfiber every time you wipe)
hope it helps a bit

:iagree:Keep it wet. A waterless/rinseless will be much cheaper than a QD.

Deezul
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Yup the rain leopard spots lol that's them

GettingStarted
05-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I've experience great success with a waterless although it was tedious, really wanted to test out the new product I got, it worked great with no visible marks.

Kamakaz1961
05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I have a Black 2013 Black Mustang GT and I would go with a rinsless wash or douse the panel heavily with Rinsless/Waterless with a sprayer and then do the 2-bucket method.

Just spraying a QD and wiping WILL scratch the paint. The panel or dusted panel needs to be saturated before wiping dry. Maybe a blower to help dry as well as a waffle weave MF towel. Again, that is just me.

I agree with Rsurfer 100%

Deezul
05-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I decided to not be lazy and 2 bucket washed it

jamesboyy
05-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I decided to not be lazy and 2 bucket washed it

You made a great choice on washing him/her also thanks for keep us posted