PDA

View Full Version : Blood on Fabric Seats

Gokite
05-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I searched the forum and basically got some old posts from 2010. Wanted to see if there was any updating to this info. Back then the responses were following two methods:

1) Hydrogen peroxide (which might remove the color from the fabric as well)
2) Steam, steam, steam...with Folex or equivalent

The blood is set, I am curious if anyone has any better method(s) than the two listed above?

GenesisCoupe
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Is it blood from a homicide scenario? Need to cover your tracks? Call Saul Goodman!!!!

But on a side note....steam, and fabric cleaners.

How much blood are we talking about?

FUNX650
05-05-2014, 09:47 AM
To whom does the blood belong?
Blood borne pathogens should be of a major concern,
and always taken into consideration.

Bob

hernandez.art13
05-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Is it in the trunk of the car? Lol (kidding)

swanicyouth
05-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Most blood borne pathogens die pretty quickly when the blood leaves the body. If the blood is weeks old - you should be fine there.

However, if this is a paid job, I'd turn it down for the creepiness factor.

Gokite
05-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Family member's blood. Dogbite. So...regarding actual removal of said blood, any tips?

Kyle_Elantra
05-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Folex took weeks old dried blood out of a pair of jeans. Took some agitation and a couple of treatments, but it worked fine.

Steam would make the process faster, so I say stick with the "old" advice.

FUNX650
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
When it comes to BBPs...
•Proper training and PPE<<<(including Family members)
•I go by the risk-rules of 3:
-Hep B.. 30&#37;
-Hep C.... 3%
-HIV..... 0.3%

Why take any chances...ever!

Bob

Note:
Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner Dri-Clean for the OP's DIY.

Calendyr
05-05-2014, 05:26 PM
I searched the forum and basically got some old posts from 2010. Wanted to see if there was any updating to this info. Back then the responses were following two methods:

1) Hydrogen peroxide (which might remove the color from the fabric as well)
2) Steam, steam, steam...with Folex or equivalent

The blood is set, I am curious if anyone has any better method(s) than the two listed above?

I would call either John Travolta or Samuel L. Jackson. They really did a good job cleaning that car in Pulp Fiction ;)

Calendyr
05-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I would use heat (steam) as a last resort. As far as I know heat sets blood stains into fabrics.

I would do the following:

1. Use an APC with a brush then cold water extract (use a water spray bottle and a wet-dry vacuum cleaner if you don't have access to an extractor).

Still there?

Use a general purpose stain remover (shoot or any spray stain remover available at the super market). Again use a brush to agitate the surface. Cold extract again.

By this point I really doubt it will still be there....

If it is, test Hydrogen peroxide on a part of the carpet that is hidden. If no discoloration occur treat the stain with it.

And if is still there then I would try the steamer. But usually step one or 2 should take care of it.

Gokite
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Ok I'll work on this, this weekend thanks all

wdmaccord
05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
OxyClean pre-treatment spray? I've used it on colors in the laundry without any discoloration. Only time I've had problems is if I don't put it in the wash within 10 minutes. So if you are removing it quickly, it might work for you without discoloring. Check inconspicuous area first of course.

Pampered Paint
05-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Protein

Baby Food/Formula, Body Soils (Feces, Urine, Vomit/Spit-Up), Blood, Dairy, Dirt/Clay/Mud, Egg, gelatin dessert

Soak fresh stains in cold water. Rub fabric against itself to dislodge stain. If stains are old, scrape off crusted material and soak in cold water with TideŽ Liquid. Launder in warm water with Tide. Do not use hot water to soak or wash items with protein stains (hot water may set these types of stains).