PDA

View Full Version : Taurus going bye-bye

Pages : [1] 2

dengood1
07-21-2007, 10:59 PM
On a sad and heavy hearted note, my father in law is in very poor health (hospice is invoved now) and he told me tonight that he wants me to have his vehicle because I've taken such good care of it for him. It always blew his mind when I brought it back to him after detailing it. I'm honored to take it off his hand as he's no longer able to drive. He was leaving it to my wife and her sister (his daughters) to sell, but they talked and agreed that it should be given to me rather than selling it and splitting the cash. It's nothing all that great, but it's a lot nicer than my Taurus(with broken A/C in 95 degree temps) and is in absolutely brand new condition. It's a 1998 Chevy Blazer 4x4 with every available option at the time, including the touring package. He's recently replace a lot of stuff on the mechanical side, so it's practically new. Interior is PERFECT! Here it is after I detailed it last. The only thing that worries me is the gas mileage---I drive 60 miles a day round trip to work so I'll be spending more. I was going to purchase a new vehicle in about a year, but now I probably won't have to.

It got Souveran a few months back and was polished about a year ago with Poorboy's ssr2.5/ssr1 combo. The paint has stayed swirl free and nearly perfect since polishing. I keep it up with a 2 week to once a month wash and QD with Pinnacle Crystal Mist once a month(or after a wash). Wheels got Poorboys Wheel Sealant (long before these pics) and tires got AA Gel. I'm going to hit it real soon with some Menzerna PO106ff and a white pad just to bring it back and remove any swirls induced in the past year. I'll post up pics when I do.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/dengood1/3-17-07009.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/dengood1/3-17-07013.jpg

supercharged
07-21-2007, 11:41 PM
That's a great looking truck. You kept it up really well. How many miles does it have?

klumzypinoy
07-22-2007, 12:02 AM
That SUV is looking beautiful. Are you sure that's not a picture of when it was first purchased? just kidding :D.

ltoman
07-22-2007, 12:11 AM
I am so sorry about your dad. I know all about hospice...I will pray for you all.
The truck looks brand new! Wow - I would never peg it as a 98. Keep it!! It is awesome. You have some skills there!

Bags
07-22-2007, 02:29 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about the gas milage if you were gonna buy a new car soon. All the money you save from not having to purchase a new car will still save you so much more than maybe the 20 extra bucks you might spend on gas. Unless you were driving something that gets like 60 mpg. Sorry to hear about your father in law.

Gary Sword
07-22-2007, 06:26 AM
That's very nice of your father-in-law to give you his Blazer Dennis. I wish him the best.

dengood1
07-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers:cheers:. I'm happy about getting the Blazer, but not under the circumstances, of course.

Super- It's got 90K miles on it, mostly from yearly trips (sometimes 2-3 times) to Indiana and back(from Florida), so it's mostly highway miles.

ScottB
07-22-2007, 06:55 AM
I think is was a nice choice, that the family gave it to you. I think he would also agree that it was the right thing to do. I wish him the best, as do I your family.

dengood1
07-22-2007, 06:58 AM
thanks Scott:cheers:

supercharged
07-22-2007, 11:16 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about the gas milage if you were gonna buy a new car soon. All the money you save from not having to purchase a new car will still save you so much more than maybe the 20 extra bucks you might spend on gas. Unless you were driving something that gets like 60 mpg. Sorry to hear about your father in law.
Vehicles that gets you 60 MPG (yeah, those three story height) are not safe vehicles.

P1et
07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
I wish your father-in-law strenght! It's a very nice gesture for him to give you the vehicle. When my cousin's grandfather passed away, he got his vehicle and you cannot imagine how careful he is with it!

alban61
07-22-2007, 12:17 PM
That's a wonderful gesture from your father-in-law. He's saying you're a great son-in-law. That SUV is in great condition for a 1998.
My prayers for your father-in-law and your family.

Bags
07-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought those hybrid cars got good milage. We had a positive expirence when we used Hospice during my Grandmothers passing. I think it really helps the remaining family members.

joe.p
07-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Dengood..sorry to hear about your father-in-law..the truck is in beautiful condition..congrats to you for keeping it that way..one thing for sure your father-in-law knows the truck will be in good hands

Surfer
07-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Congrats on the new truck, and sorry for the circumstances in which your obtaining it.