PDA

View Full Version : Some love for a product you hardly hear about anymore.

RPPM
05-04-2014, 06:22 PM
I just love the look of a wax compared to a sealant. I know, I'm a dinosaur, and the waxes I love most are not what most wax experts would think are worth their time, but Collinite is my choice (yes, I know 845 and 476 are probably at least as much sealant as wax). Yes, I like the bright glow they provide, and they certainly are not cold, or a candy shell look. Anyway, I am always looking for a nice spray wax for maintenance. This is where I have struggled. I like UQW, as well as Aquawax, but neither really add to the wax look. Bright? Yes. Glossy? Yes, but little to no depth, the sunlight doesn't play off of them like a wax.

Enter some Griots Spray on Wax. The wax look is back. Sure not the most durable, but according to Griots, you can use it weekly. I think this product is under appreciated. It even gave Duragloss 105 a much improved look in my opinion. Gave it that pop it was sorely missing.

Yes, Optimum makes a spray wax with wax in it, tried it, had trouble with streaks in both hot and cold weather. It is also not something you want to use after every wash. Yes Pinnacle has a very nice one as well, but talk about expensive...wow. No, I think this one does just fine.

If you are looking for a spray wax look vs. a spray sealant look, give Griots Spray on Wax a try. You just might like it!

dcjredline
05-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Cool, maybe some day I will have to give it a shot, anyway you would have enough to send a small 2 or 4 oz sample out?

RPPM
05-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Sure, send me a PM with your ship to address.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
05-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-souveran-spray-wax.html)

RPPM
05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Yes, I have tried the Pinnacle spray wax, nice, but not worth the extra money in my opinion over the Griots Spray on Wax. Just like Pinnacle, the Griots actually contains real wax. Besides, 1 gallon of the Griots is $22 less than a gallon of the Pinnacle.

Griots Garage Spray-On Wax 35 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-spray-wax.html)

Chrono
05-04-2014, 08:58 PM
An added benefit of the Griots is that it's available at some Advance Auto Parts, so you can pick up a bottle between AG orders.

Spray Wax is an odd lot. Most of them don't have enough wax to make them worth the trouble over something like UWW or ONR with Wax diluted to detail strength. Either of those costs like a buck or two to make a bottle. I like the Griots Spray Wax. That, and Supernatural Spray Wax (DoDo Juice) are what I used as comparison products when I was making my own spray wax. I like mine, and can make 22 ounces for about $12, but it's not worth the hassle. Supernatural is $22 for 17oz, Pinnacle is $28 for 16oz! Meh. I'll reach for the Griots when my batch runs dry. $18 and it's 35 whopping ounces.

Shortspark
05-05-2014, 05:57 AM
I like to use Griot's Spray Wax when drying the car after a wash. I have tried it on a totally dry car and don't like it as a "topper" nearly as well as I do a drying aid.