PDA

View Full Version : MF bonnet from HF to remove WAX/Sealant??

Daviddear30
05-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I was at HF today and saw this MF bonnet on sale for $2
Any one ever use one for wax removal? Feels soft.

Also got a 8" cutting pad to use just with this bonnet $5 as I have read you want a stiff pad below a MF bonnet for product removal

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx137/daviddear30/66fa764d6364e7d73c06f693eed9bf3f.jpg

Rsurfer
05-04-2014, 04:48 PM
I have seen and used 6.5" bonnets, but not 8". Are you using a rotary? If so, imo it may not be a good idea.

Daviddear30
05-04-2014, 05:01 PM
It's a DA
I have a rotary but never use it :-) it scares me :-(

Rsurfer
05-04-2014, 05:05 PM
It's a DA
I have a rotary but never use it :-) it scares me :-(

You are planning to put a 8" pad on a DA?

poweraid
05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
elaborate a little , are u looking to remove the wax/sealant (haze) after u apply it or u want to remove what u currently have on the paint ?

Daviddear30
05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Remove the haze after drying. Wax Rejex etc

I wouldn't big using that size for any polish/cut work just last step removal
Just an idea. Since it was like $7 total I thought I'd try it. They didn't have good looking bonnets for smaller pads. Most had sewn edge that looked terrible. The one I found had no seams showing

Rsurfer
05-04-2014, 05:32 PM
elaborate a little , are u looking to remove the wax/sealant (haze) after u apply it or u want to remove what u currently have on the paint ?

I don't think anyone would use a mf bonnet to remove old wax.

poweraid
05-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't think anyone would use a mf bonnet to remove old wax.

it wouldn't be so hard for a someone that is not fluent in proper auto detailing
to see this stuff at a local store and think that this is what they need to use
with a OTC cleaner wax or even uc or up to spruce up their paint . there is not one
store I can and buy any type of foam pad all I see if mf bonnets . so those that
would not know better will grab and use this stuff cause that's what's avail locally ?
not everyone is a autogeek

swanicyouth
05-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Who knows what type of MF that thing is made out of, and you want it spinning on your paint?

I'd go get my $2 back.

poweraid
05-04-2014, 06:40 PM
for removing that wax/sealant haze after u applied it , do not use that mf bonnet on any machine to remove it . it will cake up and get hard and do more harm than good, IMO . get yourself some mf towels here from ag or anywhere else and remove by hand . even them Costco or SAMs club mf towels would be better than that bonnet , or something from auto parts store . for myself and many others here get uself some njce mf towels from any online supplier

MrOneEyedBoh
05-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Do you guys top the CQ UK with a wax? I'm debating if I want to use one or not, by one I'm talking about a sealant. I used opti-seal and I had a hard time following where I was and if it was even bonding. I like the CQ UK and would hard body. But there seems to be a very strict ' has to be uber clean ' surface prior... At least with wax you know you'll have protection, just may not last as long...

Daviddear30
05-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I already have tons of nice MF towels. Mostly CGs
I was just looking to save some time and play around/experiment with different stuff

MrOneEyedBoh
05-05-2014, 04:54 AM
Sorry that above post by me shouldn't have been here, but in another thread

Daviddear30
05-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Ha. I was wondering about that reply :-)

Rsurfer
05-06-2014, 01:17 PM
it wouldn't be so hard for a someone that is not fluent in proper auto detailing
to see this stuff at a local store and think that this is what they need to use
with a OTC cleaner wax or even uc or up to spruce up their paint . there is not one
store I can and buy any type of foam pad all I see if mf bonnets . so those that
would not know better will grab and use this stuff cause that's what's avail locally ?
not everyone is a autogeek

Very true and that's why we are all here, to learn.:props: