PDA

View Full Version : Ayway to remove tons of tiny pits in a windshield?

TCB
07-21-2007, 10:20 PM
So I was washing my mother in laws car today ad noticed that she had a TON of little tiny pits in her windshield. The car is 15 years old so I know it is never going to be perfect but I'd like to try to get as much out as possible.

Would claying do the trick? Any other tips/tricks?

ScottB
07-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Using a glass polish (DP Offers one, Diamonite might also) will reduce the look and notice of some of them. I have seen some commercial filler type products, but dont believe any could completely refill these areas. I suspect its polishing or replacement.

lgtspecb
07-21-2007, 10:32 PM
time for a new windshield? if they have been there for 15 years and they dont bother here, i would say dont worry about it.

my wifes car has lots of tiny rock chips in the windshield, I clayed it and even though the chips were still there she thought it looked brand new.

TCB
07-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah some probably have been there for 15 years. It is a 92 Mercedes C class that just needs some TLC. I plan on getting at it with a PC, XMT360 and some SSII next weekend. I was just looking for a way to clean that windshield up as much.

ltoman
07-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Sounds like it is time for a new windshield. It will help the appearance of the car, too, IMHO.

FMINUS
07-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Since its so old, its more about minimizing it than removing it.

Clay, polish, and fill if you want.