PDA

View Full Version : P21S Total Auto Wash...

Pages : [1] 2

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Anyone familiar with this product? Says it's not harsh, but removes wax buildup. Kind of counter-productive if your just
trying to wash your car without removing all the work you've done waxing, etc! Feed back please

Bunky
05-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I use it often. It means it is a multi-surface safe type product - paint, trim, etc.

You just should not let it dry on the paint. It has nice clingy suds and should be agitated to maximum cleaning. You just rinse off.

FUNX650
05-04-2014, 05:49 PM
It can be used at full strength, or diluted down to clean at another desired intensity.

Bob

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 06:06 PM
It can be used at full strength, or diluted down to clean at another desired intensity.

Bob

My concern is that the product description says it's not abrasive...yet also will lift wax buildup! Sounds like it would
remove the LSP that you worked so hard to create!! Feed back please

Bunky
05-04-2014, 06:38 PM
My concern is that the product description says it's not abrasive...yet also will lift wax buildup! Sounds like it would

You use it when you want to clean something and will remove wax in the process. It does it chemically without abrasives.

What are you trying to do? A good wax friendly cleaner would be Poorboy's Bug Squash at 1:3 or so.

FUNX650
05-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Whenever I become negatively concerned about a car-care product...I no longer will use it, or buy it.

Sounds like the same road you're getting ready to travel.

Bob

ScottB
05-04-2014, 07:23 PM
It works extremely well on lower areas that are abused thru road dirt and other issues. Spray it on, allow to dwell, and slightly agitate. It will remove waxes and I believe it might be citrus based.

swanicyouth
05-04-2014, 07:25 PM
It does work well. The sprayer on the unit of use bottle is garbage though. I added a foaming sprayer. The product seems quite concentrated and only a little is required.

Andr3wilson
05-04-2014, 07:33 PM
I love this product, very $$ but worth every penny.

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Whenever I become negatively concerned about a car-care product...I no longer will use it, or buy it.

Sounds like the same road you're getting ready to travel.

Bob

Haven't used it yet, but the product description concerned me.

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 08:41 PM
It works extremely well on lower areas that are abused thru road dirt and other issues. Spray it on, allow to dwell, and slightly agitate. It will remove waxes and I believe it might be citrus based.

If it removes waxes, then it will remove sealants too?

swanicyouth
05-04-2014, 09:16 PM
If it removes waxes, then it will remove sealants too?

Not necessarily. It depends which waxes and which sealants.

Lexi65
05-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Not necessarily. It depends which waxes and which sealants.

Seriously?

FUNX650
05-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Haven't used it yet, but the product description concerned me.
I have used TAW many times over, and have never had any concerns or regrets. It performs as advertised...straight-up neat, or diluted!

On the flip side:
There have been many car-care products where not only their product descriptions gives rise to my concerns, but their actual usage proved that my concerns were warranted. Wax removal was never one of those concerns.

So:
There must be a reason that you are looking into a degreaser-type of product for "decontaminating" your vehicle...Correct?

If so:
No need to have any consternation for your vehicle's Wax...A reapplication of the Wax is normally required/recommended after using this type of degreaser---regardless of the name on the bottle.

Bob

Shortspark
05-05-2014, 05:50 AM
I love Total Auto Wash because it is so versatile. You can use it straight to clean your engine, or prior to washing just spray it on lower panels to remove road grime and tar. Spray, let dwell for a few minutes and then hose off. Even if the grime is not totally gone by rinsing, you will find it will be much easier to remove with a sponge or mitt during your wash.

Keep in mind that you might have to reapply your wax to the lower panels you sprayed if you did not dilute TAW. When I use it straight I try to protect the lower three or four inches of the panel just in case I stripped the wax. I do that with a spray of something like OCW after the car is dry. As long as you keep the spray wax on the very bottom where you used TAW you will not be able tell the difference no matter what the rest of the car has on it as an LSP. TAW can also be used in the interior if diluted. I like to use four parts water to one part product ratio for most things that do not require full strength but you should experiment yourself with different ratios. Also, on the inside always test a small area first. TAW also excels at cleaning running boards and exhaust tips.

They say you can put an ounce or so in your wash bucket or foam gun as a booster to your shampoo, however I have never used it that way. TWA is just a good, all around product that does what it says it will do and does it very well.