PDA

View Full Version : New tortoise!!!!

chemguy626
05-04-2014, 02:09 PM
I finally talked my wife into a Sulcata Tortoise!!!! I picked him up yesterday. He is a little bigger than a smooshed golf ball....right now lol. I'm hoping she doesn't notice as this tortoise gradually becomes bigger than our coffee table. :-)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/03/du9yvasu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/03/y9ypemu8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvolutionDetail
05-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Dude I have a 1 year old suclata tortoise too!!!

jamesboyy
05-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Congratulations to the new family member maybe he will become a autogeeker one day too

Coopers ST
05-04-2014, 02:55 PM
My youngest daughter has a box turtle.

Rayaz
05-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I have a 8-15 year old African Spurred Tortoise who lives in my back yard and has dug several holes suitable for a small bomb shelter. He is the #1 attraction at my house and has been photographed almost as much as my grandson.

I haven't measured him but I'd put his weight at 100 to 120 pounds. They are a lot of fun and eat just about any vegetable. I don't recommend tomatoes unless to want plants all over the place. Apparently they don't digest the seeds and the dung is about all tomatoes need to grow.

I've been thinking about Opticoating his shell for him:dblthumb2:

chemguy626
05-04-2014, 03:09 PM

Lol

hernandez.art13
05-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Well I'm sure it could use some Detailing TLC.lol

Clean up all the cracks and crevices with some brushes and other stuff. I would just make sure (even opti coat) is ok for the tortoise. Just call a vet Or better yet take the tortoise to the vet. If it is safe and ok for the tortoise then opti coat it away. I remember my older brothers used to spray paint the shell so they could find it lol. Don't know how safe that is, I was about 5 yrs old.

Congrats on your new family member!

DogRescuer
05-04-2014, 04:07 PM
I have a 8-15 year old African Spurred Tortoise who lives in my back yard and has dug several holes suitable for a small bomb shelter. He is the #1 attraction at my house and has been photographed almost as much as my grandson.

I haven't measured him but I'd put his weight at 100 to 120 pounds. They are a lot of fun and eat just about any vegetable. I don't recommend tomatoes unless to want plants all over the place. Apparently they don't digest the seeds and the dung is about all tomatoes need to grow.

Man take a pic and show us

chemguy626
05-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Agreed