PDA

View Full Version : Offering a car care kit to customers?

Alek@DeepClean
05-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Hey all, I've been getting busier and busier and at this time I'm no longer really relying on maintenance washes to keep me busy. This is great, because it's definitely not as satisfying as paint correction, coatings, and all the other fun(and better paying) stuff that I'm finally getting a clientele for. As such, I'm pushing less for my customers to let me maintain their cars, and more for them knowing how to properly do it themselves. As such, I think it may be a good idea for me to start offering a decent "starter care kit" so to speak. When a customer asks me what to use, of course I can tell them. But they never remember. Even if I write it all down for them, 75% of them will never bother to find the products or buy them. I'm hoping creating a standardized kit, and keeping a couple in stock to sell to customers, will make them more likely to stick to good practices which makes both me AND my customers happier.

That said, is anyone else doing anything like this? If so, what does your kit look like(and if not, why not)? How have your customers responded to this? Have you seen it improve their car care habits? Am I the only one crazy enough to check in on their customers' care regimens?!:buffing:

Thanks in advance for the feedback guys!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Its a great idea. What do you plan on including in the kit? My ideal kit would have soap, quick detailer, microfiber for qd, waffle weave towel, and a decent wash mitt, and wheel cleaner. So are you going to do sample or full size bottles? Are you willing to discount with certain services?

I give clients who at least get a full decin and wax detail a small bottle of qd and a microfiber towel.

Saved by Grace
05-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Or... why don't you give them your business card with your website on it. Tell them to go to the website where they will find an area called something like "Our Satisfied Customers" and in there provide links to videos of how to maintain their car and PICTURES with links of stuff they can buy.

Heck, make YOUR own videos!

Odds are people will want to maintain the new shine on their car, plus they want to make the money they just spent last.

So now you have them on your website which keeps you on their mind and now they can show their friends!

I do like giving them a starter kit of a MF and QD!

Quality Control
05-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Or... why don't you give them your business card with your website on it. Tell them to go to the website where they will find an area called something like "Our Satisfied Customers" and in there provide links to videos of how to maintain their car and PICTURES with links of stuff they can buy.

Heck, make YOUR own videos!

Odds are people will want to maintain the new shine on their car, plus they want to make the money they just spent last.

So now you have them on your website which keeps you on their mind and now they can show their friends!

I do like giving them a starter kit of a MF and QD!

Good idea but take it to the next level. Sell them kits that they can buy directly from you so they get the products that they need depending on their level and how much they want to spend to maintain their vehicles.

In away, you showing the maintenance and telling them what products to buy is selling products for other companies without a commission. If you stock certain levels, you can do a slight mark up and reward yourself for your efforts.