PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to wrap part of my bumper but......

HateSwirls
05-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Well not really wrap per say but to Plasti Dip

This I came across and really liked it, same car just different color.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/7043a4cb0b2312c32993e37c421aa09c_zpsf18844a3.jpg

Here's the problem....

As most of you know I just bought the all new 2014 Mirage, oh btw, I'm getting 51 MPG on avg.:dblthumb2: anyway I took my time prepping it, polishing and protecting it, in my case today a little too much protection. Lol

I applied a coat of Wolfgang Glossy Paint Sealant, 3 coats of Insulator , applied a coat of some good Nuba then gave it a good mist of Duragloss Aquawax , slick as ice.

So today before I was to spray the Plasti Dip I needed to remove the protection for the masking tape and the dip itself to stick.
I first used an All Purpose Cleaner, buffed it out using my PC, white pad and the Meguiar's 205 Fine Polish then an ISP wipe.

Ready to tape up...

No. Lol
The tape still won't stick, not even close, I'm using the 3M brand which is very good IMO.

Why am I posting this you may be asking?

AG sells some great products, in this case too good :)
I'm done for today, still healing from my surgery so there's only so much I can do in one day.
The tape would not stick at all, I applied it only to see it start to fall off, there's no way the Plasti Dip would bond.

I reapplied the Insulator Wax to make sure I had great protection.
I'll try again further down the road.

Anyone ever have this problem before ?

Kevin