PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish

Pages : [1] 2

pld
05-03-2014, 09:44 AM
:dblthumb2:I am very impressed in what little effort it takes to keep polished exhaust tip's sparkling. I was using the P21S metal soap but it's just waaaaay too much work compared to the Mother's.

GreatAvalon
05-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I like that product as well! I've used it on non-chrome metal and it made it look shiny as chrome. Took a lot of elbow grease for that though. Exhaust tips polish extremely easy with it though!

lawrenceSA
05-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I done maybe 20 cars exhaust tips with this product and really enjoy it too:xyxthumbs:

Petabyte
06-22-2014, 11:18 PM
I tried it on my exhaust tip for several times and got really good result. It could clean all carbon and dirt off. What i guess is some fine sand inside it. So actually the fine sand rub away the dirt. Like toothpaste?

parttimer
06-23-2014, 07:16 AM
I started using it this weekend on the bike I did, however quickly switched to Megs Fine metal polish and was much happier with the results. Might want to give that a try as well.

forrest@mothers
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
I started using it this weekend on the bike I did, however quickly switched to Megs Fine metal polish and was much happier with the results. Might want to give that a try as well.

The Meguiar's Fine Metal Polish is comparable to our Billet Metal Polish. Meguiar's Medium is more like our Mag & Aluminum Polish.

BradsDetailing
06-23-2014, 08:16 AM
I love it

parttimer
06-23-2014, 09:19 AM
The Meguiar's Fine Metal Polish is comparable to our Billet Metal Polish. Meguiar's Medium is more like our Mag & Aluminum Polish.

Interesting tidbit! I can't find Megs medium in stores but I can find billet, thanks for the save!

sproketser
06-23-2014, 12:01 PM
A good thing to know .

Petabyte
06-24-2014, 02:34 PM

We don't have Meguiar's Medium or Mothers Billet Metal Polish in our store but the Mothers California Gold Metal Polish. Is it the same as Mag & Aluminum Polish? Which one is better for exhaust tip cleaning?

forrest@mothers
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
We don't have Meguiar's Medium or Mothers Billet Metal Polish in our store but the Mothers California Gold Metal Polish. Is it the same as Mag & Aluminum Polish? Which one is better for exhaust tip cleaning?

California Gold Metal Polish is the liquid version of Mag & Aluminum Polish. Same product, just a different form.

Either of those 2 would be appropriate for polishing stainless or aluminum exhaust tips. Billet Metal Polsh would be a poor choice for polishing exhaust. It's the finest polish, with the least cut, and it's made to use on flawless billet aluminum of finely machined aluminum parts. It's really overkill for exhaust tips and since the cut is much less, won't have much of an impact.

Go with the more aggressive product to do the job right, in the least amount of time.

Petabyte
06-25-2014, 08:44 AM
California Gold Metal Polish is the liquid version of Mag & Aluminum Polish. Same product, just a different form.

Either of those 2 would be appropriate for polishing stainless or aluminum exhaust tips. Billet Metal Polsh would be a poor choice for polishing exhaust. It's the finest polish, with the least cut, and it's made to use on flawless billet aluminum of finely machined aluminum parts. It's really overkill for exhaust tips and since the cut is much less, won't have much of an impact.

Go with the more aggressive product to do the job right, in the least amount of time.

Yes, the form of Mag & Aluminum Polish was easier to be applied on the exhaust tip than the liquid. I'll stick on this great product. Thanks a lot for your advise, Mr. Mon.:dblthumb2:

Petabyte
08-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Just noticed there was some rust developing on the fuel filler cap top round area. Wondering whether can try to use this Mag & Aluminum Polish to remove the rust. Then apply some clear coat paint to seal.

oldmodman
08-25-2014, 03:17 AM
I have been using it since 1976 and love the results.

I can remember sitting next to my motorcycle and polishing the rims, engine cases, and other aluminum brightwork every Saturday before going out on a ride. It did a better and faster job than anything else. And it still does 38 years later.

forrest@mothers
08-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Just noticed there was some rust developing on the fuel filler cap top round area. Wondering whether can try to use this Mag & Aluminum Polish to remove the rust. Then apply some clear coat paint to seal.

If there's rust forming it's not magnesium or aluminum. The polish in it will probably remove any light rust, though.

You'll want to wipe the area down (alcohol works fine) before applying any paint.