PDA

View Full Version : What to use first?

NBLC
06-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi, I'm new to the site and purchased a bunch of goody's from ag. Porter cable with edge pads, xmt bare bones six pack. "pinnacle complete detailing wax and cleaning kit." In which order should I use them?
Pinnacle kit includes,shampoo, clay, cleansing lotion, mist spray wax, souvern wax.
Bare bones includes 1,2,3, finishing glase.
I have a few worck trucks all fairly new with some paint blemishes some are more moderate than others. Thanks

abrcrombe
06-10-2006, 07:53 PM
What would you use first?
Shampoo, clay, xmt on the pads and pc, and then top it off with wax. Share pics if you can.

wytstang
06-10-2006, 08:52 PM
1.Wash
2. clay
3. rewash (optional)
4. swirl remover using the least aggressive pad first, if that doesn't remove the swirls move to the next aggressive pad.
5. polish using your polishing pad
6. wax or sealant of choice.

ScottB
06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Just remember you might not need all the swirl removers. 3 is most aggressive, and the polish gets lighter to 1. Finishing glaze has very little abrasive quality, some carnuaba protection, and some fillers and should be used after all polishing and prior to your final coat of protection.

rydawg
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I use xmt3 on a yellow pad and and then xmt1 on white pad and then finishing glaze on a grey pad...I have done 10 or more cars with the xmt line and have had great results...Great stuff!!!!

vtise
06-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Killrwheels,

After applying SSR1/2.5 to remove the swirl and then I apply a polish, i.e, Klasse AIO. Would Klasse AIO remove SSR1/2.5? Or I can just skip using polish and go straight to sealant/wax?

BILL
06-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Killrwheels,

After applying SSR1/2.5 to remove the swirl and then I apply a polish, i.e, Klasse AIO. Would Klasse AIO remove SSR1/2.5? Or I can just skip using polish and go straight to sealant/wax?

I woundn't skip the polish..............

abrcrombe
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Isn't it best to use AIO before you do your polishing to start with a clean surface? Sorry if I am mistaken!

BILL
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Isn't it best to use AIO before you do your polishing to start with a clean surface? Sorry if I am mistaken!

YES!!! clean is the way to go but I'm not sure now about the order...........i thought it was both :confused: or at best AIO just before your final topper........:confused: polish does clean...right????//

abrcrombe
06-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I think it is AIO after the polish. Makes sense because you want your toppers to POP and it won't look it's best if the surface is all dirty or has polish sling on it.

BILL
06-16-2006, 11:04 AM
I think it is AIO after the polish. Makes sense because you want your toppers to POP and it won't look it's best if the surface is all dirty or has polish sling on it.

:iagree: good point........