PDA

View Full Version : Odd smear of stain on glass

Paulyfe12
05-02-2014, 07:54 PM
my brasnd new 2013 gti has a strange transparentish clear stain or smear on the glass, after inspecting it im pretty sure its on the outside of the window. I have used window cleaner and I have even tried claying the area. but it doesn't affect the strange thing. Im on the fence about buying a hand cutting and polishing pad and glass restorer from detailers car care, or possibly using that glass restorer with some glass polishing pad. I cant really feel it with my fingers, but it will "catch" a microfiber sometimes. Any ideas?

Paulyfe12
05-02-2014, 07:55 PM
the polishing pads would be used with a griots polisher

Paulyfe12
05-02-2014, 08:37 PM
actually, they look likes scratches, can you get scratches inside of glass?

Belair
05-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Less likely inside but it can happen. If the MF catches on it then it's outside, but you can't catch it with your finger? Post a pic, maybe someone can ID it.

Paulyfe12
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM
stupid camera wont focus on the scratch keeps focusing on the reflections. srry dude, but yea it looks like a bunch of scratches, in the shape of a products drip. and yea cant feel it

Belair
05-02-2014, 09:48 PM
There was a thread on glass scratches recently, talked about how hard glass is & when it's scratched it's VERY painstaking to removes them. If you do a search you'll probably find it; as i recall it was within the past 2-3 weeks. You may want to check the Meg's forum too, it may have been discussed there rather than here.

In the shape of a drip? Wonder if it's an acid that caused the damage, usually products aren't strong enough to do that unless I'm mistaken.

FUNX650
05-02-2014, 10:27 PM
In the shape of a drip? Wonder if it's an acid that caused the damage, usually products aren't strong enough to do that unless I'm mistaken.
Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) will definitely
etch/eat-away-at glass. :eek:

Bob