PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about mobile detailing!

ArtFoodBMW
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM
So, business has been kinda slow lately, and I find it somewhat disappointing because the weather has been rather nice lately (70-80 degrees).

Anyways, I'm thinking about going mobile because It'll get my name out there to all the people that drive by and can see my car with an "Enthusiast Detailing" vinyl window stickers.

Do you think its a good idea? Do you think business will increase?

What I'm hoping for is people to drive by and say "Hey, come clean mine next!" Does that happen to you?

Any other info or threads you can lead me to would be much appreciated!

Thanks Geeks!

Beavis
05-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Not sure about anyone else, but I am mobile and I can not even imagine what it would be like if I advertise. Did a job yesterday and got 3 more I have to schedule that I got just from people seeing me. I am already booking 2 to 3 weeks in advance. The only downfall about mobile is if it rains you are done for that day.

Sparkle N Shine Detail

jms493
05-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a great idea but I am not sure i would want to be out in a parking lot or some public place for more than 2-3 max. People coming up and talking to me may be a distraction as well.

Honestly having a van with a logo that sticks out will help around town. I think you will need commercial plates and insurance though.

ArtFoodBMW
05-02-2014, 09:28 PM
How much does insurance usually cost?

Niko Molina
05-03-2014, 03:19 AM
ArtFood, I don't have insurance yet myself because I'm starting up in July. But from what I've read on AG topics around here, its going to run about $75-$125/month.

DogRescuer
05-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Not sure about anyone else, but I am mobile and I can not even imagine what it would be like if I advertise. Did a job yesterday and got 3 more I have to schedule that I got just from people seeing me. I am already booking 2 to 3 weeks in advance. The only downfall about mobile is if it rains you are done for that day.

Sparkle N Shine Detail

2-3 weeks? Man people around here don't like paying my cheap a** price of 30-40 for a rrinseless never mind any corrections, keep it up.

Its hard to compete "price wise" with the drive through up the road at $7 sure my quality is 110% better but most people care about the dollars and cents

Beavis
05-03-2014, 07:32 AM
2-3 weeks? Man people around here don't like paying my cheap a** price of 30-40 for a rrinseless never mind any corrections, keep it up.

Its hard to compete "price wise" with the drive through up the road at $7 sure my quality is 110% better but most people care about the dollars and cents

It took me sometime to get this way, But just don't give up and stick to your pricing and make sure you are making enough an hour to cover everything. I started back in 2005 doing this just part time on Friday and Saturday and went full time about 3 years ago. Need to concentrate on getting a good amount of regulars that you schedule in weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. That way you kinda have idea what you have atleast coming in and then work on picking up bigger jobs or account. I just recently picked up a contract with the Budweiser distributor here to clean some of there fleets twice a month. Just stick to it do your best job for every customer and it will come.

ArtFoodBMW
05-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys!

Showtime
05-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I am mobile myself. Have been for about 8-10 years broken up around my military service. I can say that being mobile is awesome, but very challenging. We don't work in a somewhat sterile environment so you have to know what you're doing to achieve stellar results! You'll learn how to avoid sun, certain trees, to use an air compressor to blow each panel before applying any wax/polish/compound, etc. It isn't easy but it is very rewarding.

I also have a business that sells mobile detailing trailers and our prices are fairly inexpensive. If you're interested, message me on here. I can also help you with any mobile detailing questions you may have. But I'm sure a lot of people here can answer as well and many probably have more experience than I do.