PDA

View Full Version : Wax questions: Use eraser prior and wait time for Pinnacle SSII

MrOneEyedBoh
05-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I was wondering if it is beneficial to wipe down the truck after washing with eraser to help the wax bond?

And with Pinnacle SSII should I wait the normal minimum 2 hr between coat wait time, or go longer.

If longer, say 12hrs, how would I deal with the pollen that would be on the paint?

GreatAvalon
05-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I was wondering if it is beneficial to wipe down the truck after washing with eraser to help the wax bond?

And with Pinnacle SSII should I wait the normal minimum 2 hr between coat wait time, or go longer.

If longer, say 12hrs, how would I deal with the pollen that would be on the paint?
Eraser before...not unless you are polishing before. And even then I've heard it only truly makes a difference when doing a coating.

Not sure on the wait times, I've only used my SSII once, and only did one coat.

You would have to remove the pollen by a waterless or rinseless wash. Unless parked in a garage, depending on your pollen levels, even after 2 hours you will need to waterless/rinseless wash to get the pollen and dirt that has settled on your paint off prior to waxing.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Alright. What Bout eraser after a wash to help wax bond?

GreatAvalon
05-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Ah, I edited my above post :D . I submitted on accident the first time. lol.

Question: have you used SSII before?

swanicyouth
05-02-2014, 04:11 PM
IMHO is depends on the situation. If I was polishing prior to waxing: No. If I was adding another coat of wax: No. If I'm trying to remove another wax: No (I'd use a paint cleaner).

Actually, can't think of a single Yes.

FUNX650
05-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Alright. What Bout eraser after a wash to help wax bond?
Never heard of having to jump through this many hoops, in order to apply a Wax to a vehicle.

Besides that:
Who said that Wax actually "bonds"?

Bob