PDA

View Full Version : New '15 BMW X3 - Concerns with applying Paint Coating on it so soon?

Elex
05-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone -

Just took delivery of my '15 X3 last night - told dealer not to wax it. They complied. Car was produced in early April and dropped off at dealer late last week.

I was thinking of either using my new DP Paint Coating or some Griots paint sealant I used previously.

I bought the DP Coating for the old one and then decided to trade.

Should I be concerned with putting the paint coating on vehicle that's paint is less than a month old?

Thoughts????

Just02896
05-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone -

Just took delivery of my '15 X3 last night - told dealer not to wax it. They complied. Car was produced in early April and dropped off at dealer late last week.

I was thinking of either using my new DP Paint Coating or some Griots paint sealant I used previously.

I bought the DP Coating for the old one and then decided to trade.

Should I be concerned with putting the paint coating on vehicle that's paint is less than a month old?

Thoughts????

There should be no issues with coating somewhat fresh factory paint since its baked on at the factory. Just make sure you properly decontaminate and at least do a light polishing to prep the surface so the coating will properly bond.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Congrats on the new BMW!

You wont have any issue coating a brand new vehicle. In fact, this is the best time to coat a vehicle. You only have to wait for the paint to cure on re-paints. This window is usually 30-60 days. Factory cured paint has no wait time.

Dont hesitate to ask further questions.

Mike