PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar for Windows - Rookie Question

RBJR
05-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Greetings All:

I have had a Pinnacle Clay bar and Lubricant sitting around for way to long. I see clay bar products dedicated for glass only. Can the Pinnacle Clay bar (brand new) and Lubricant be used on my windshield and get the same results as a product specifically dedicated for this process?

Thanks in advance!

Ray

GreatAvalon
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
subscribed

mwoolfso
05-01-2014, 07:39 PM
For all practical purposes, yes they are interchangeable. The only time I would think twice is with a clay bar classified as aggressive.

VP Mark
05-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Greetings All:

I have had a Pinnacle Clay bar and Lubricant sitting around for way to long. I see clay bar products dedicated for glass only. Can the Pinnacle Clay bar (brand new) and Lubricant be used on my windshield and get the same results as a product specifically dedicated for this process?

Thanks in advance!

Ray

Yep. Have used regular clay and Nanos kin products on glass for years with great results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

EVOlved
05-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Nanoskin works great on it too.

aztec1987
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Yes you can, also for rims, and headlights

FUNX650
05-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Yes...I use paint clay on auto-glass.
And:
It's even recommended to "break in" the Nanoskin mitts on...Yes, you guessed it: auto-glass.

Bob

GreatAvalon
05-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Great advice guys! Thanks for the topic OP!

I have some Riccardo clay and I want to apply a glass sealant. So I'll be sure to clay first

RBJR
05-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Appreciate the feedback everybody.

allenk4
05-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Yes you can, also for rims, and headlights

Point of clarification:

If you use a piece of clay on wheels, do not use that same piece of clay on you paint at a later date.

Wheels are notorious for picking up iron shavings from the brakes. These shards may damage softer surfaces like paint.

Many will use a piece of clay on paint until they determine it is too dirty for paint and then relegate it to wheels.

Just a suggestion.

GreatAvalon
05-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Point of clarification:

If you use a piece of clay on wheels, do not use that same piece of clay on you paint at a later date.

Wheels are notorious for picking up iron shavings from the brakes. These shards may damage softer surfaces like paint.

Many will use a piece of clay on paint until they determine it is too dirty for paint and then relegate it to wheels.

Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the clarification. I have clayed by rims before, so I'll be sure to mark that piece of clay for wheels :xyxthumbs:

aztec1987
05-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Point of clarification:

Just a suggestion.

Forgot to clarify on that lol

GreatAvalon
05-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks for your advice too. I wouldn't have thought to clay headlights! :dblthumb2:

allenk4
05-03-2014, 01:08 AM

Are you actually Laughing Out Loud?

I get confused with these text type communications...I am a bit older.

1st real job, the manager gave you a roll of quarters every Monday for pay phone usage.