PDA

View Full Version : Mixing products together. What's your recipe?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chrono
05-01-2014, 03:29 PM
For me, this isn't so much about making a "superior product" as it is for extending what I have on-hand. Occasionally, I have ended up with something I really like. My successful science experiements include:

QD: PBW Spray & Wipe with Megs UQW (about 60/40).

Spray Wax: UWW+ with Distilled Water and Collinite 845 (about 50/40/10).

Clay Lube: Zymol QD (the cheap stuff) with Almond Oil (about 95/5).

Polish Dilute: Menz IP with Megs 105.

Do you have any secret recipes?

allenk4
05-01-2014, 03:32 PM
You Crazy Man!

DARK HORSE
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Sometimes I'll prime my pad with D300 and add a few drops of M105. This is one of my favorite ways to cut. Works very well. Great cut, long working time, and hardly ever dusts!

ssnobrakes
05-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I put together a spray wax/detailer by mixing togther the small leftover amounts from several products including Wizard's Bike detailer (mainly purified water, CG's V7 spray sealant, Optimum spray Wax and Wolfgang's Instant Spray detailer..........It works great as an instant detailer. Smells great too.

Chrono
05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
You Crazy Man!

Wait, I thought I was scary?:poke:

allenk4
05-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Wait, I thought I was scary?:poke:

You are both

brondondolon
05-02-2014, 01:14 AM
I recently ran out of megs UC while I was about 70% done with my truck. I had some turtle wax rubbing compound from when I smoked my tail lights and had to wet sand. So I took some of that and squirted it into the bottle of megs UC so I could finish the rest of my truck. It worked fine and I had no complaints.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

javip2k
05-02-2014, 01:17 AM
For me, this isn't so much about making a "superior product" as it is for extending what I have on-hand. Occasionally, I have ended up with something I really like. My successful science experiements include:

QD: PBW Spray & Wipe with Megs UQW (about 60/40).

Spray Wax: UWW+ with Distilled Water and Collinite 845 (about 50/40/10).

Clay Lube: Zymol QD (the cheap stuff) with Almond Oil (about 95/5).

Polish Dilute: Menz IP with Megs 105.

Do you have any secret recipes?

Original!! :xyxthumbs:

VISITOR
05-02-2014, 01:50 AM
a while back i was running low on fk425 and mothers fx spray wax and mixed them both in a bottle and it worked surprisingly well...

buddee
05-02-2014, 05:08 AM
I mix Meguiar's M105 with Ultimate Compound and been mixing M205 with Ultimate Polish. I find this has been working very well for me, most times i mix 1/3 of the M line product and mix the rest with 2/3 of the ultimate line product. Good stuff! :)

Chrono
05-02-2014, 08:20 AM
I didn't have enough P21 Paintwork Cleanser left for my last project... so...

P21 Paintwork Cleanser / Distilled Water / IPA (50/45/5).

Works fantastic at removing polishing oils and leaving things surgically clean.

BobbyG
05-02-2014, 08:35 AM
I must admit, due to the short working time of Meguiar's M105 I have added a spray shot of baby or mineral oil to the mix in order to extend its usability.....

Dogfather
05-02-2014, 08:36 AM
You realize this is big TABOO around here but as long we're confessing;
I've always mixed DG Aquawax with QD.
I've added a little Opt Hyper Polish to DG 501.
I've added a little 501/601 to PB White Diamond to enhance the too mild cleaning ability and possibly mitigate some of the bonding issues prior to applying 111.

I realize there are alternatives. I could buy an AIO that actually has a little cut and as far as glazes go I could buy some Amigo.

I don't condone such reckless behavior and I never touch anyone else's car.

Shortspark
05-02-2014, 08:54 AM
I don't know where I read this and have not tried it yet but this home brew calls for 2 oz. Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze added to 8 oz. OCW or UQW. I am not sure what this is suppose to do since both OCW and UQW are great stand alone products. I have the recipe jotted down as something to try the next time I buy some Klasse.

PiPUK
05-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I would be one to recommend not to try home-brewing. In an emergency, I suppose I can understand it and you are generally not going to do much harm if you are sensible. If it is to 'improve' performance of a product then my advice would be to change your product to something that meets your needs in one, rather than having to go mixing things yourself.

Just be very careful. With polish type products, it is unlikely you would do damage but cleaners can be highly reactive and mix the wrong two products and you could end up with a dose of toxic gas! Not detailing, but I know one chap who read about the cleaning power of vinegar and knew that bleach was also a great cleaner(*). He mixed them in a bottle, gave it a good shake only for the container to burst open and nearly put him in hospital with chlorine gas poisoning. If you didn't cringe when you got to the asterisk, you shouldn't even contemplate mixing any two products, unless specifically recommended by the manufacturer.