PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Rinseless as their primary wash method?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SoonerGM
05-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I just got my first gallon of ONR in the mail today. I am very excited to use this stuff. I mainly bought it so I can have something to wipe the bug guts off on a daily basis or when necessary.

However, I have been watching a lot of videos on rinseless washes... and it just looks so ridiculously simple. Does anyone here use rinseless as their mainstay method for washing? Are there any major disadvantages? I was thinking even if your car was just super filthy, you could stop by a car wash and pre rinse it with a pressure washer, and then finish it off at home with a rinseless.

Seems like it dries easier, less chance of water spots. If you use the "gary dean" method then you can conserve your product because it's still clean, and therefore it's very cheap.

cleanmycorolla
05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I do, infact I can't remember when I used a soap for my personal car. I wash every other week, with various rinseless products, its super easy for my car and I'm always thrilled with the results/ease of use.

I use distilled water in my bucket, usually UWW+ rinseless ratio or Pinnacle Rinseless. And a butt load of green chinchilla towels.

GenesisCoupe
05-01-2014, 12:54 PM
It is not my preferred, however i seem to do a lot of them when mobile detailing. I do so much mobile detailing that it adds up more than standard washing or foam/cannon method.

BillyJack
05-01-2014, 12:57 PM
On my DD, which stays outside all the time in PA, I've done a total of one hose & bucket wash all year, and that was just to do a thorough spring cleaning once the road salting was over. During the worst of winter, I'd blow it off outside with my pressure washer, then pull it in the garage to do a rinseless. I don't have to contend with any dirt or mud roads, which makes a difference, but I have complete confidence that good technique with ONR, DG, Ultima or Meguiar's rinseless products is plenty safe.

Bill

vandau
05-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I just received a gallon of Megs D114. I also originally planned to prepare a spray bottle for bugs and sticky dirt removal. Now I'm thinking of using it after a quick hose down with water, or maybe even after a foam cannon dwell and rinse. Then finish the wash in the garage, any time of day.

rustytruck
05-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I have not taken out the hose in over 2 years. I'm a mobile detailer and it is all I use.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-01-2014, 01:46 PM
I NEVER use it.

silverfox
05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
NEVER as a primary wash...as I have the time and plenty of water. In the winter, its usually the local touchless wash, which does a nice job (minus the wax option), and doesn't hurt my coating whatsoever.

My reasons are that I am not apposed to the idea, but I hate the one panel at a time (pre-soak, wash, wipe, dry)...then go to the next panel (same thing over again)...then to the next...etc...I really hate that.

I like to do whole car...foam, wash, rinse, dry...4 steps...NOT 4 steps per panel.

Just me I guess.

Old Tiger
05-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I just received a gallon of Megs D114. I also originally planned to prepare a spray bottle for bugs and sticky dirt removal. Now I'm thinking of using it after a quick hose down with water, or maybe even after a foam cannon dwell and rinse. Then finish the wash in the garage, any time of day.

This is what I do.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-01-2014, 02:00 PM
NEVER as a primary wash...as I have the time and plenty of water. In the winter, its usually the local touchless wash, which does a nice job (minus the wax option), and doesn't hurt my coating whatsoever.

My reasons are that I am not apposed to the idea, but I hate the one panel at a time (pre-soak, wash, wipe, dry)...then go to the next panel (same thing over again)...then to the next...etc...I really hate that.

I like to do whole car...foam, wash, rinse, dry...4 steps...NOT 4 steps per panel.

Just me I guess.

You're not the only one.

I like your replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07gtcs
05-01-2014, 02:15 PM
When I do them in my garage, I do more than one panel at a time and it works just fine. I rarely do a hose wash on any of my 3 cars.

tommygee
05-01-2014, 02:17 PM
It all depends on how dirty my ride is. Two bucket is still a great way to go. Living in NE Ohio, 2 bucket wasn't always an option. I'm going more and more rinseless and waterless. I'll use rinseless at times but if I have to drag out the buckets I might as well go full wash. But I am doing more waterless washes. Pinnacle WW with carnauba is awesome. Especially after a rainy day.

SonOfOC
05-01-2014, 02:46 PM
When I do them in my garage, I do more than one panel at a time and it works just fine. I rarely do a hose wash on any of my 3 cars.

Agreed. In the garage.
1) Spray entire car with ONR. 1 gallon is sprayed and only 1/2 gallon drips to the floor.
2) Wash entire car
3) Dry entire car.

Takes 28 minutes including wheels and quick interior wipe down.

Even with ONR, the city code enforcement tried asked me not to wash my car in the driveway. I had to show him that I wasn't using a hose and not one drop of water went down the storm drain.

aztec1987
05-01-2014, 03:38 PM
I only use it when I drive long range to visit friends in out of state...usually in a rest area for an hour and clean the car quickly. Once I arrive I usually clean it with a rinse-less other than that I clean the car traditionally.

Bunky
05-01-2014, 06:19 PM

When I do rinseless, I pre-soak entire vehicle, wash multiple panels, the go back to do the drying wipe so definitely less steps than panel by panel. If worried about drying, if your drying towel is slightly damp, then you do not need to worry about spotting.