PDA

View Full Version : Product reccomendations? Removing old dressing off the dash, and a shiny tire shine??

investinwaffles
07-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea, so some dealers appear to use tireshine on interiors (dash, other vinyl, etc). What is the safest way of getting this stuff off, without damaging or drying out the surface?

and im also looking for a very shiny tire shine. Ive gotten a few requests in the last week and i figure there is a little demand for it so i may as well carry it.

Surfer
07-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Good interior cleaner like DP.

joe.p
07-21-2007, 12:28 PM
if you don't have any on hand you can use any APC diluted 10-1..dollar tree has a product caledl awsome .99 works like a charm

D
07-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Second for DP.

I like CG V.R.P.

Thejoyofdriving
07-21-2007, 12:46 PM
if you don't have any on hand you can use any APC diluted 10-1..dollar tree has a product caledl awsome .99 works like a charm
Agreed, something like simple green(30:1) should work (DO NOT USE on plastic instrument pannels, leather, suede, unfinished wood or pearls). If you are going to use an APC make sure it is safe for vinyl or other surfaces you are going to be using it on. For a super shinny tire dressing?, hum, i like pinn black onyx tire gel(no silicone), but it might not have the shine you are looking for. Be careful when choosing a tire shine, some can destroy tires by messing up the tires UV protectants. Believe it or not when a tire fails, the tire company checks for the presence of chemicals found in some tire shines which could have indirectly caused the tire failure.

supercharged
07-21-2007, 04:40 PM
DP total interior cleaner.