PDA

View Full Version : Taking good interior pictures while detailing?

Derekb
05-01-2014, 04:02 AM
One of the biggest things I am finding difficult to do while detailing customer vehicles is taking good interior pictures for the website/facebook etc. It's upsetting because I know it's SUCH a huge promotion and sale boosting thing which is why it is so critical for me to get some type of system going.

The issue I'm having is that when I'm done with the job my after photos don't always match up properly with the before photos or I'll forget to take a after photo of something I took a before shot of.

How does everyone manage doing their before and after photos? Specifically on the interior. Do you use a written reminders on pictures to take on a piece of paper for example?

Any advice would be awesome! I'm a detailer, not a photographer :(

Firehouse Mike
05-01-2014, 04:08 AM
Just take a picture from each door looking in before and after. See which ones are the most improved afterwards and use those. I will include at least 2 interior shots, 1 exterior and 1 engine before and afters. Get a decent camera to use. No cell phone pics. My Canon SX100 was less than $100, takes great pics.

jms493
05-02-2014, 07:35 PM
question...do you have to get the customers approval before taking and posting pictures?

Kengo123
05-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't think so. That may be a question to ask a lawyer lol, but it shouldn't be a big deal. Just let them Know you'll be taking pics

As for my process, I do more close-up shots of the trouble areas. I usually work around the car. I try to put my business card in every pic, so I don't have to tag it later. After it's all done, I'll go through all my pics one by one and take pics from the same angles, and delete as necessary.

I like the close ups better bc you get better detail. You can clearly see the improvement as opposed to a wider shot. It takes a little time, but after doing it a certain way for years, I can usually get the whole process done under 20 mins total. And I take a lot of pics

Firehouse Mike
05-02-2014, 11:35 PM
question...do you have to get the customers approval before taking and posting pictures?

I usually let them know they can see before and after pics on my website and Facebook page the next day to show friends. I will try to not show license plates though. Never had an issue.

Pureshine
05-02-2014, 11:50 PM

I never do just don't show their plate numbers and your good.