PDA

View Full Version : New guy in SoCal.

Tanner Krabill
05-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Tanner. I live in southern california, been reading on this site for months, created a user name and finally decided to introduce myself!

I work full time now but I'm starting an auto detail business for some extra money. Been detailing my own cars all my life and have always done friends and family. Been working with a local mobile detailer lately to learn from him as much as i can.

My wife is going to be helping with the business side of things, she's much better with that sort of thing than I am. So it's gonna be a tag team venture I suppose. I'm looking into Renny Doyles training thing that he does. The city he is based out of is only like 40 minutes or so from my city. Pretty excited, plan on starting within the next week or so. Just finishing up getting all my stuff that I'll need.

Anyway, so glad I found this site! It's been an incredible help.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Hi Tanner, welcome to AGO!

Mike Phillips
05-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Tanner. I live in southern california, been reading on this site for months, created a user name and finally decided to introduce myself!

Anyway, so glad I found this site! It's been an incredible help.

Welcome to AGO!

:props:

jamesboyy
05-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Welcome to autogeek

LaFawnduh
05-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Welcome, Tanner. Greetings from a fellow SoCal resident!

allenk4
05-02-2014, 01:02 AM
You have got to check out the variety of hands-on learning opportunities at Meguiar's Headquarters in Irvine, CA.

It is Free and taught by one of the Legends...Mike Stoops!

They have a Thursday Night Open Garage, where you can work on your own vehicle using an unlimited supply of Meguiar's products.

Car Car 101, is a great mix of lecture and hands on

They also have an Advanced Class that teaches wet sanding and how to used a rotary among other things.

brondondolon
05-02-2014, 01:22 AM
You have got to check out the variety of hands-on learning opportunities at Meguiar's Headquarters in Irvine, CA.

It is Free and taught by one of the Legends...Mike Stoops!

They have a Thursday Night Open Garage, where you can work on your own vehicle using an unlimited supply of Meguiar's products.

Car Car 101, is a great mix of lecture and hands on

They also have an Advanced Class that teaches wet sanding and how to used a rotary among other things.

Welcome. And you should def do this^ . I went to a couple classes years ago in fact I used to be the pizza delivery driver for them ain't that right Mike lol. It's a great class as long as there aren't a ton of people. It's free and you can learn a lot.

What part of southern ca are you from? I spent 26 years of my life there and lived all over the place lol I'm 27 now and living in northern NV.

I wish you luck on your business venture in SoCal. The competition is fierce out there and I heard that in CA you need to get a "car washing" license before you get your business license.

Any way welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

hernandez.art13
05-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Welcome SoCal here as well. :props:

Tanner Krabill
05-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks everybody. I will definitely check out those classes. Sounds awesome and it's free! I live in the inland empire - San Bernardino county.