PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and wheel polishing help

StangFan25
04-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Not necessarily just for Mike, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

I am having my American Racing Chrome Bullitt Motorsport wheels replaced due to defects. I also have Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust. The wheels are "triple plated chrome" here is the description:

This wheel is plated in a three step process that includes copper, nickel, and then chrome for a bright show winning shine. Lighter than other chrome wheels which are steel underneath, these wheels are cast from lightweight aluminum so they won't slow you down.

The exhaust is 304 Stainless Steel with polished stainless tips. Here is that description:

The Ford Racing V6 Sport Axle-Back exhaust system is constructed from 2.5", high quality T-304 Stainless Steel tubing and features 3.5" polished 304 stainless tips with embossed Ford Racing logos. The tips exit in the stock locations so no modifications are required to the rear bumper cover

My question, I've noticed the wheel polishing products offered here, some say don't use on this, don't use on that. I just wanted to get clarification as to whether Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish would be safe on both the above? Or would Mothers Billet Metal Polish be a better option? Or would you suggest something else? Thanks for any help!

Just02896
04-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Dedicated Chrome polish for the wheels and for the polished stainless you can use any fine abrasive metal polish you prefer.

I wouldn't use mag & aluminum polish on chrome since it's designed to be used on bare metals and can dull or haze chrome over time. It will work just fine on polished stainless though. :-)

FUNX650
04-30-2014, 10:47 PM
"Triple Chrome Plated"...
Yep...Any decent decorative chrome wheel, worth its salt, is at least "triple-plated". American Racing Wheels, IMO, is no exception!

•For your wheels, (and because of these being replacements for the defective ones):
-American Racing Wheels' (very own) WheelWax

•For your exhaust components:
-Simichrome

Bob

StangFan25
04-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Dedicated Chrome polish for the wheels and for the polished stainless you can use any fine abrasive metal polish you prefer.

I wouldn't use mag & aluminum polish on chrome since it's designed to be used on bare metals and can dull or haze chrome over time. It will work just fine on polished stainless though. :-)

Thank you for the insight and information, I appreciate it!

"Triple Chrome Plated"...
Yep...Any decent decorative chrome wheel, worth its salt, is at least "triple-plated". American Racing Wheels, IMO, is no exception!

•For your wheels, (and because of these being replacements for the defective ones):
-American Racing Wheels' (very own) WheelWax

•For your exhaust components:
-Simichrome

Bob

Oh wow, I had no idea they had their own wheel wax! Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out.