PDA

View Full Version : Can someone measure a Rupes 21 for me?

Quality Control
04-30-2014, 08:02 AM
I am looking at purchasing a bag for my Rupes.

I want the following bag but it is 17" long and I am not sure the Rupes will fit.

Autogeek Detailer's Bag, detailing bag, detailing supplies bag, storage bag, tool box, buffer bag, car care organizer, buffing pads organizer (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-detailer-s-tool-bag.html)

But I might need this one depending on the length of the Rupes.

Autogeek Professional Detailing Bag (http://www.autogeek.net/professional-detail-bag.html)

Becciasm
04-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Rupes Big Foot Polisher Bag (http://www.autogeek.net/rupes-big-foot-detailing-bag.html)

? *shrug*

TroyScherer
04-30-2014, 08:44 AM
^ LOL

Bazinga...

Dr_Pain
04-30-2014, 08:50 AM
Check out this review

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/62543-comparison-detailing-bags-rupes-autopia-blackfire.html

The AG bag and Autopia bag are essentially the same

Quality Control
04-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention that I am not fond of spending $99.99 for a bag when really from what I can tell, I can get a bag just as good for $49-$59. That leaves me with $40 for more product, pads, accessories.

Anyone have any experience with a non Rupes bag for the Rupes line? I have also read the 8oz bottle holders in the Rupes bag is undersized for all other 8oz bottles. Seems weird.

Becciasm
04-30-2014, 11:40 AM
No problem there, but the Rupes bag was made to store the polishers, etc from Rupes.. Plus it's a good marketing tool for clients/potential clients.

Quality Control
04-30-2014, 11:47 AM
No problem there, but the Rupes bag was made to store the polishers, etc from Rupes.. Plus it's a good marketing tool for clients/potential clients.

You do make a good point about the marketing. I just know sometimes a competitors item might fit the needs a little better. Just looking for experience from someone who has more than the rupes bag and it looks like your post with the video seals the deal!

EvolutionDetail
04-30-2014, 11:55 AM
The Rupes bag is VERY VERY WELL MADE.
However u are correct in terms of the pockets and what not, it is specially made for the Rupes line up.

The Rupes 15 / 21 is quite big, i am no sure if someone have already provided u the measurement, if not i can do it for it.

But i know for a fact the Autogeek Detailers bag will not fit the machine.
The only bag i know AG have that would fit, is the BF Professional detailer bag. Which does not have a rigid design, however it is HUGE and can fit a lot of stuff. I personally prefer something rigid to store my polisher, i am currently also looking for some sort of storage for my machines.
It is hard to find a bag to fit the machine well and at the same time with compartments for your other stuff.

Yesterday came a thought to buy one of those zip lock brand storage boxes from Wal Mart. And somehow make dividers to separate everything. However i don't know how i am going to make the dividers to make this work lol.

trekkeruss
04-30-2014, 12:13 PM
According to AG, the Rupes bag is 19" long, and you can see from the photo on the product page the LHR15/21 fits perfectly inside it. You could maybe stuff the 21 sorta diagonally in the AG bag, but you'd likely loose some bag functionality by doing so.

xabo
04-30-2014, 01:32 PM
From the edge of the bp to end of the handle=17".......add 2" for the sheathing of the cord.

Quality Control
04-30-2014, 06:11 PM
From the edge of the bp to end of the handle=17".......add 2" for the sheathing of the cord.

Thats what I thought. I found a site that says 17" but I knew they did not include the strain relief. 19" leaves me with the rupes bag or the BF/Autogeek detailer professional bags. I was hoping to use the Autogeek detailer bag because I love the little compartment underneath for pads and what not.

Thanks everyone, I am going to save a few bucks for product and buy the detailer professional bag.

HD.Detailing
04-30-2014, 09:11 PM
i use the husky bag kit on the incredible cheap finds.. keeps both ruoes 21 and hf da and all backing plates/and brush attachments