PDA

View Full Version : First Time Set Up (Help A Brother Out)

STL-detailer
04-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Hey all, I am new to this site but not really to detailing. I have worked at a carwash for 7 years and have been gaining knowledge on detailing for the past 6 months. So i'm to the point i put together my first set of equipment to detail a few cars out of my garage. Any suggestions would but greatly appreciated.

This is the Plan:

Bought an air compressor and wet/dry vac

Will be buying a Tornador Black very soon, already love the original.

Interior Dressing- Meguiar's Quik Detailer

Tire Shine- Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

Chemical Guys Blue Guard

P21s carnuba wax
Chemical guys Blacklight wax

As for polish and compound (I'm not comfortably experienced with these just yet) but probably going to be using some chemical guys stuff.

For scent, i need some help here. Want a good smell, not a "New Car" because that is a smell you can't duplicate.

Thanks in advance!

aztec1987
04-29-2014, 06:07 PM
I use the CG Stripper scent but the bad thing is that its the same as cheap cologne where it last for a short period of time. Remember that blacklight is not a wax, it is more of a sealant. I used the Chemical Guys V36 and V 38 which I love the results, if you want something better than the Blue Guard use the VRP in my opinion it last longer or G6 Hyper Coat

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r745/aviator87/AGW/1487350_708968112455409_761238319_n_zpsc8c795dd.jp g (http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/aviator87/media/AGW/1487350_708968112455409_761238319_n_zpsc8c795dd.jp g.html)

Levithan9
04-29-2014, 06:10 PM
As for car scents, Your gonna have to grab a bunch, and just ask the customer which one they like.

When i go shopping with my wife, she always looks at perfume. They have these tester strips that you spray some perfume on, then wave it around to get the alcohol to evaporate, so only the scent is left. Alcohol is used as a "carrier" for the perfume.

You can do the same thing with little strips of resume paper. Spray a little bit on it, wave it around to let the "carrier" dry off, let the customer decide which one they like.

I have about 7 bottles of car scent. Most like either leather, fresh scent, ocean breeze, or spring cotton. Stuff like green apple and cherry just doesn't smell right after a few days.

aztec1987
04-29-2014, 06:13 PM
As for car scents, Your gonna have to grab a bunch, and just ask the customer which one they like.

When i go shopping with my wife, she always looks at perfume. They have these tester strips that you spray some perfume on, then wave it around to get the alcohol to evaporate, so only the scent is left. Alcohol is used as a "carrier" for the perfume.

You can do the same thing with little strips of resume paper. Spray a little bit on it, wave it around to let the "carrier" dry off, let the customer decide which one they like.

I have about 7 bottles of car scent. Most like either leather, fresh scent, ocean breeze, or spring cotton. Stuff like green apple and cherry just doesn't smell right after a few days.

I got an apple spray and got to say that it gives me a nasty head ache and nausea!

LaFawnduh
04-29-2014, 07:12 PM
If not comfortable with most polish or compounds, try more of a AIO like BlackFire Total Polish and Seal or Megs Black Wax. Pretty full proof and both deliver amazing results.