PDA

View Full Version : Got the wrong gift

Prophizee
04-28-2014, 11:38 PM
So my fiance got me an anniversary gift a few weeks back. I asked for flex dual action polisher xc3401, and that's what I thought she got me I wanted to upgrade from a PC. Well I bought a gtr last Friday and it has some light swirls so I finally popped the box open to begin some pain correction well to make a long story short she got me the flex FLEX L3403. Now I have never used a rotary polisher. So my first question is is it user friendly and secondly is this too powerful to take out light swirls or is it versatile where you can use it for all sorts of correction. I don't want to begin using it on my new car without knowing the ins and outs of this powerful machine at least more powerful then what I have been using. Any advice would be more the appreciated thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

dsg03gt
04-28-2014, 11:48 PM
If you are new to rotary polishers I would certainly not use it on a new GTR that's for sure. You can easily burn through if you are not careful.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

EVOlved
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Send it back get the DA. Unless you need it for heavy correction the DA can better handle all the needs you have posted.

Prophizee
04-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Okay that's what I thought. Do you think ag will let me return I don't have the plastic but I have never used it, and the box is perfect obviously.

kjn
04-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Okay that's what I thought. Do you think ag will let me return I don't have the plastic but I have never used it, and the box is perfect obviously.

I'm sure AG will take care of you, depending how long it was purchased though.

Prophizee
04-29-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm sure AG will take care of you, depending how long it was purchased though.

April 1st of this year

kjn
04-29-2014, 12:48 AM
April 1st of this year

Try calling or emailing them asap, AG has some of the best customer service I have ever seen.

Prophizee
04-30-2014, 03:49 PM
so AG does it again. Returned to rotary for the da no problem

VISITOR
04-30-2014, 04:37 PM
You're gonna love the flex3401, there isn't really much you can't tackle with it...

Prophizee
05-01-2014, 07:12 AM
You're gonna love the flex3401, there isn't really much you can't tackle with it...

I have heard. I was checking all the videos and reviews on the forum super excited. Just a quick question, so is the rotary polisher only ment for massive paint correction. I am sure eventually I would like to get a rotary but never did much research on it. For me and the cars I have detailed the PC did and excellent job just took some time. I know flex DA will make work must faster which gives me more time to drive lol. But a rotary; is it something I should even entertain, since a DA has been more then good for me. Also what's the best way to learn how to use a rotary?