PDA

View Full Version : Deep Cleaning Carpets, upholstery

Pirate Bman
04-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Hey I'm working on my 95 Mustang's Interior now as Stage 2 of the super resto clean, and I've ran out of carpet shampoo de to the spray mech getting fussy and literally draining entire water tanks into the carpet forcing me to extract much longer than I should. but on the other hand with oodles and I mean ooooodles of yucky brown water dumping out I guess it was a good mishap. Anyways, I'm curious as to what do someof you use as a soap, shampoo? If you don't have proper shampoo. I know you can get away using degreaser and stuff like that, so what do you guys use alternatively?
Also wondering if I can or should use dish soap or something like it.

Joseph Rogers
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
NO, GOD NO!

Please don't use dish soap. A lot of these guys talk about Folex. I clean carpet as my main source of income, have for the past 5 years. Contact me via PM, and I'll talk to you about products I use for that sort of thing, and distributors I use.

Regardless, if you've got THAT much water in there, you need to thoroughly extract, and then set fans in there to get that junk dry. You want it dry as quickly as possible (I shoot for 4-12 hours), but if it's wet for longer than 72 hours, some seriously worse problems can begin to develop.

Pirate Bman
04-28-2014, 07:23 PM
And thats what I did to prevent damage. I set the vacuum blower inside and ran the car with floor vents on hot and high for I think at least 3 hours and that sure did the trick they were as dry as the deserts ass

allenk4
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM
There is a Home Depot in Moose Jaw.

They carry Folex

Anything with detergent in it tends to attract dirt down the road.