PDA

View Full Version : Clay bar and Ironx?

Dan_335i
04-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Should I clay bar and then Ironx or other way around? Or only one or the other?

There is rail dust on my moms car.

GreatAvalon
04-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Iron-X, then Clay

FUNX650
04-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Iron-X, then Clay
@OP:
-This would be my product usage order as well.

-How did you diagnose that your Mother's vehicle
has rail dust?

Bob

chet31
04-28-2014, 09:45 PM
On another thread I read, one poster experimented with the order, and found when he used Iron-X first, it was easier to clay and he got less contamination on the clay bar. I Iron-X a section, rinse w/ ONR solution, then immediately clay while car is still wet - saves a drying step.

zmcgovern45
04-28-2014, 10:02 PM
When introducing new products and processes into your routine, it helps to think about the process logically...

Consider the purpose of both products. IronX is used to remove bonded iron particles. Detailing clay is used to remove all bonded contaminates.

If you were to use Iron X after claying, there would be very little (or hopefully no) iron contaminates remaining for the product to remove. With that being said, it would make most sense to use IronX first to eliminate the iron particles before claying, thus leaving less contamination for you to remove with the clay bar and therefore (hopefully) saving you time using the clay bar (or synthetic clay substitute).

Hope that helps :)

SATracker
04-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Ditto everything said. I use Iron-X, and always before claying.

jms493
04-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I just did my wifes crosstrek. It made the claying much easier. I clayed the whole car in about 40 mins and it felt smooth. I am polishing and sealing now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online