PDA

View Full Version : What wash mitt do you use?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BrianMcLeod
04-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey everybody I was wondering what kin of wash mitts do y'all use for regular washes?? I buy them from the local part stores but I feel like that they can't e good am I wrong?

VISITOR
04-28-2014, 03:28 PM
i use a grout sponge, sheepskin mitt and/or mf wash mitt...

Loser
04-28-2014, 03:32 PM
A sheepskin mitt.

LaFawnduh
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
2 MF chenille mitts for paint (one for upper and one for lower) plus a sheepskin for wheels.

Coopers ST
04-28-2014, 03:39 PM
2 MF chenille mitts for paint (one for upper and one for lower) plus a sheepskin for wheels.

How do those chenille mitts work? I have been eyeing them for a while now.

allenk4
04-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Merino wool wash mitt, auto wash mitt, sheepskin wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-wool-wash-mitt.html)

EXTJosh
04-28-2014, 03:55 PM
i use a grout sponge, sheepskin mitt and/or mf wash mitt...

What's your main use with the grout sponge?

Sherif
04-28-2014, 03:58 PM
I tried 3 types of wash mitts:
1- Merino Wool mitt, it's nice and soft but it requires extra care and it'll fall apart after 10 washes or so, a higher quality one might live longer but still need the extra care and not worth the price IMO.
2- MF Micro-Chenille mitt, better quality and still soft but I didn't like the big MF strands with big gaps between them.
3- MicroFiber Madness Incredimitt, IMO the best mitt so far in terms of quality, softness, design and ease of use/care.
So my 2 Merino Wool mitts went to trash and now I mainly use the Incredimitt and keep the gray Micro-Chenille for lower parts and the black Micro-Chenille for wheels.

VISITOR
04-28-2014, 04:00 PM
What's your main use with the grout sponge?

i use to wash the car just like any other wash media. when you wash, you swipe in one direction (sometimes i use it in conjunction with the foam gun) and it does a good job scooping/removing dirt and it rinses out very easy and they are very soft as well. i use the lowes proline grout sponge and it's right under $2. i don't like heavy wash media (super thick mitts) where it soaks up all the soap solution and puts more weight/pressure...

dirtdestroyer
04-28-2014, 04:04 PM
I like lambswool (mothers) but I tend to just use a good microfiber towel rather than a mitt.

rouxster
04-28-2014, 04:10 PM

I also use 2 MF chenille mitts that I got on AG for the same purpose - one for the upper and one for the lower panel.

How do those chenille mitts work? I have been eyeing them for a while now.

They work great! I use them with a grit guard and I wash them with the WG MF cleaner. I've had both mitts for about 8 months now, when I got my truck. My truck is still swirl free and the mitts look good as new.

allenk4
04-28-2014, 04:19 PM
I tried 3 types of wash mitts:
1- Merino Wool mitt, it's nice and soft but it requires extra care and it'll fall apart after 10 washes or so, a higher quality one might live longer but still need the extra care and not worth the price IMO.
2- MF Micro-Chenille mitt, better quality and still soft but I didn't like the big MF strands with big gaps between them.
3- MicroFiber Madness Incredimitt, IMO the best mitt so far in terms of quality, softness, design and ease of use/care.
So my 2 Merino Wool mitts went to trash and now I mainly use the Incredimitt and keep the gray Micro-Chenille for lower parts and the black Micro-Chenille for wheels.

I am getting significantly more out of the CarPro version.

After a wash, I rinse it out in the sink, squeeze out the remaining water and leave out to dry completely.

I did have some of the cheap lambs wool mitts that didn't hold up well and shed chunks of hair after a few washes.

conquistador
04-28-2014, 04:30 PM

After a wash, I rinse it out in the sink, squeeze out the remaining water and leave out to dry completely.

I did have some of the cheap lambs wool mitts that didn't hold up well and shed chunks of hair after a few washes.

I agree with Allen on this one. I get at least a year out of my Car Pro version. I have owned three.

Sherif
04-28-2014, 04:33 PM

Like I said, the higher quality ones (CarPro, Dodo & the likes) might hold up well for longer time but they are a bit pricy! After trying the Incredimitt, I believe it's better and for the same price or even lower than the ones mentioned above. Personal preference maybe..

allenk4
04-28-2014, 04:43 PM
If I was washing a lot of other peoples cars...I would probably transition from the CarPro Meriono, to a lower maintenance product like the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt